Recent content by Trainboy4449

1. T

Help with Lionel Lionmaster Big Boy

I have owned the older Lionmaster TMCC Big Boy model for a few years and have had problems operating it in conventional control with the Lionel C-80 transformer. At low speeds the model becomes erratic. It jerks forward, stops, and then repeats like this until about 50% power is applied. Then it...
  2. T

Atlas Remote Switch overloading Power Supply

The power supply accessory terminals output 19V AC. Its plenty enough to power bachmann switches it only overloads with this atlas one. I am also using proper center-off momentary switches.
  3. T

The switch is brand new so I don't think it is toasted, it's been like this since the first time I operated it. It still operates so I'll keep it for the time being.
  4. T

I have recently added an Atlas Remote Switch to my layout and just got around to wiring it up. Whenever I operate the solenoid with my momentary switch my power supply warns me of an overload but the solenoid still throws the turnout correctly. This would imply there is a short somewhere in my...
  5. T

Bachmann GS-4 Daylight Help

The loco is a dcc-equipped model released around 2007. It definitely doesn't have traction tires on it right now but I don't think it ever did. I lubricated the drivers a bit and massaged the a bit and the loco is definitely sitting better on the track. It can decently take 22" curves now but...
  6. T

Oddly enough the pilot truck sits fine I would have thought the same myself.
  7. T

It's a little more drastic than that. The front set of drivers visibly hover over the rails. Applying some pressure to the top of the locomotive pushes them back down but the whole loco seem to want to pitch back.
  8. T

My Bachmann GS-4 Daylight is not able to take 22" curves without derailing anymore but has done so in the past. The front drivers don't seem to fully rest on the rails even on level track and pop off the rails when trying to make a turn. It's really confusing because it has worked well for the...

Back