Recent content by Topherisme

1. Topherisme

New Layout, Suggestions Needed

Just found out another move is imminent, just the way it goes I suppose…. As such I have decided to disassemble the track and go modular, 4’x ?”. I kinda like this prospect more now that I have figured a few more things out, capable of an even better build. And doing modular I believe I can...
  2. Topherisme

A layout inspired (more or less) by the Heart of Georgia

Experiment with radius in those corners just to be sure, be prepared to add 45 degree cut pieces for a little added workable area (sorry the mark up is sloppy, in a hurry)
  3. Topherisme

Work schedule has me busy, and honestly down in the dumps since there is no play time, but a little progress was made… Got my single track truss bridge done and am in the process of joining the 2 raised tracks and getting them to the start of the helix. Really need the spring weather so I can...
  4. Topherisme

Two months(ish) progress

Please keep us up to date, really enjoy following everyones progress 😉 Looks like a fun build, and an exercise in patience and skill as usual lol
  5. Topherisme

Need a little advise please.

Gonna Hafta Google search your area for LHS, but I would think NE Ohio should have a choice as long as your in the vicinity of those bigger towns…. Personally I use EBay for used and save money, can buy 6 switches at a time for $7-10/each + shipping, half new prices. All I have ever used is...
  6. Topherisme

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Gonna take me awhile to go through it all but love what I have seen. Great modeling!!!
  7. Topherisme

How to build a two decks H0 layout ?

I am currently attempting the feat using a helix…. For starters I am 6’ tall, so wanted the bottom level slightly taller than kitchen cabinet to prevent as much bending as possible, settled on 40”. I have only done one section of upper level just so I could get a feel for what I want. Was...
  8. Topherisme

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Hope everyone enjoys some good food and good company for their Easter 😉
  9. Topherisme

Got a bigger yard planned for upper level, but hopefully this will do for just a few cars interchanged between NS and Conrail at the Indiana/Kentucky border…
  10. Topherisme

Loco Brand Performance

So in my little collection of locos I have Atlas 6 axles, BLI 4 axles, and newly purchased BLI 6 axles. After getting some track laid I ran the Atlas and BLI 4 axle with no problems, but once I put the newly acquired BLI 6 axles on the track they were derailing at joints in turns. Went over...
  11. Topherisme

Digitrax “Program Track Empty”

Program track is right by station, wires probably 24” in length. Yeah, all I wanted to do was program address and cv29 real quick on 3 locos. Guess I will leave it branched off main power for now and kill the main when I use program track as need be, don’t think it allows “Read” though…
  12. Topherisme

Sure did, tried 14 gauge solid, 14 gauge stranded, 12 gauge solid, soldered them each time to make sure I got a good connection on track, station just isn’t reading the decoders off of the Pa and Pb for some reason. Was done updating the individual addresses and cv29 value on main through Ops...
  13. Topherisme

Was my Christmas gift to myself a couple months ago, will give them a call
  14. Topherisme

That did the trick, just has me flummoxed I have no program track power…
  15. Topherisme

Gonna split the main line track wires from station, connect from there to program track, kill power to the main line with toggle to isolate power to just the program track. Just a little ticked off, feel like I shouldn’t have to take extra steps for an expensive item that should work as...

Back