Recent content by tomytuna

1. T

Benchwork done. Now what??

what is depth of the top going to be?
  2. T

Benchwork done. Now what??

As fall comes...so does my mind turn to Model rail. so I just saw this thread and like yr work. Only thing i would do to make life easier wold be before putting anything on top would be to drill holes in wood stringers to run buss wire. then run the wire so you only heve drop wire the rail...
  3. T

Do You Belong to a Model Railroad Club?

yes I am a member of a local club! Also the NMRA regional Div. and have a home layout.... there are some really nice clubs around Mass and new england. I just started to participate on ops. All been good......Perhaps if we had some sort of list from people who would like to meet with other...
  4. T

KATO Lighting Kit for Passenger Cars

what happened...everyone fall down?
  5. T

windows

thank you Runner! good idea's
  6. T

windows

thank you both !
  7. T

windows

Hello all! I would like some idea's on what i should put on back of clear plastic windows on a building that has no interior so as to not look so barren. Saw somewhere where where someone put "scotch" tape on back to keep from see through. I have applied the window signs to my "city" clasics...
  8. T

layout for ops

just watched your Vidio Chet....very nice
  9. T

layout for ops

I attended a NMRA meet last weekend and one of the discussion was on having a linier layout. shorter with and longer runs. I was sold on concept and that will be the next type of layout.
  10. T

layout for ops

no decision on that CSX....prob just card forwarding
  11. T

1960s piggybacks on the layout

Wow D&J...just WOW! love it
  12. T

layout for ops

I've had all these idea's in my head about ops. These past 3 days I participated in and on 4 different layouts. 2 were home layout and 2 were club layouts, Not being familiar with the layouts I was a little nervous, but the superintendants (owners) were just super in every aspect dealing with...
  13. T

layout for ops

All so true D&J
  14. T

layout for ops

thanks guys! don't know why I did not look there 1st. Cajon...I think you underestimated the number. thanks again...Tommy
  15. T

layout for ops

I'll be taking my layout down soon as selling my house. Will be rebuilding and plan on seting up layout for operating.I already know what NOT to do from my mistakes and would like any and all recomendations to see layout instruction for setting up new layout built with operation in mind. Anyone...

Back