Recent content by tlark

1. T

Glue a bridge down, don't do it ???

Have a 150' CV truss bridge running over a 4 track main line, glue it to the bridge abutment or not. Little unsure about this, don't want to accidently hit the bridge and damage it for some reason but it will be secured by the rack leading up to it from both ends obviously. Practical...
  2. T

Floquel out of business..........

that looks good, mind sharing what brand med. grey. I have a krylon grey primer............. after you use the pastels do you seal it with a flat clear coat ??
  3. T

Woodland Scenics Road Sytem - Using Smooth-It

timely thread, I know the WS works on the blue foam board but can you use if over a cardboard base. Have and small section I need to do and to bring the road elevation up about a 3/8th I thought I might laydown some very rigid cardboard so I don't have to make the road so thick. My initial...
  4. T

Floquel out of business..........

and they made a Concrete color spray that was quick and applied nicely to the AIM product castings and plastics from other manuf. Has anyone found or care to share if they have a replacement color in spray can that yields good results. The dealers, or what few are left here in KC are sold out...
  5. T

Transition from foam to 3/4" plywood

Adding on to existing portion of layout where the roadbed is built up on about 5" inches of the high density blue foam that's commonly used. Only about 16-18 inches of this area built up which will lead to this new section in which I will use 3/4 plywood. Any concerns or experience is welcome...
  6. T

Cost of Intermountain ?

Have not posted in a awhile or spent $ on any new rolling stock. Family, business, baseball (etc) has consumed a lot of time and I am back working on layout and running equip. Like the intermountain Hoppers & Tank Cars the best and want to add some more to my roster. Like everything else...
  7. T

Central Valley Truss Bridge

sorry it didn't work out, good info you provided. I put together one of the plate girder kits they have. Lot more simple but real time consuming. The detail is crazy good but it did take some time.
  8. T

First the AC's now DC's!

I saw the ES44DCs were going to be released and they do look nice. For you experts, when did NS and CN start running these prototypically and/or when were these engines initially built ?? Not sure these work for the era I run ???
  9. T

My yard is finished, what to do ??

thanks for taking the time to explain and clear up a few things Omaha Road Man. You have provided and detailed explaination of what could work on my layout. As I stated early in the thread, coal and grain are what I intend on being the primary traffic and with the yard length I have its...
  10. T

Ok one nore Norfolk Southern ?

You and others were spot on w/respect to $ they would sell for on ebay. I have a lot of experience on ebay and know it cane be a last minute bidding war at times. I wish I could find a CW in the NS scheme at a local hobby shop as you suggested, but I have seen none. Me thinks they have...
  11. T

Ok one nore Norfolk Southern ?

Only b/c my original thread has morphed into a debate I will ask due to my own ignorance between the brands. Are the Kato and Atlas Engines comparable with repsect to pulling power and/or quality. The Kato's in the last thread all went for north of $100, a couple at $175 and now these Atlas...
  12. T

Norfolk Southern ? again

Saw the light weathering, some just dry brushed and don't look so good IMO and others have some reasonable air brushing. My thing is when they noted "custom" it appears as if they have some more decals than usual or is that just me. Did Kato have that many road #'s or were these purchased...
  13. T

Norfolk Southern ? again

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Kato+HO+Norfolk+Southern&_sacat=See-All-Categories Not familar with Kato NS and wondering whats so custom about these. I see the hoses are installed and maybe a few added cab details but why are these custom. I ask b/c not to...
  14. T

HO Scale Intermodal trains

Good thread, I have only 48' footers where they use to run 40' containers on the bottom and 53' on top if desired or 40' top/bottom. I purchased them a few years back b/c I run 90's era and early 2000's. What years did the 53' container start being most common ???
  15. T

Matching Speed of Engines

you da man Rico thanks for the link

Back