Recent content by thetravhi

1. T

Color of Road Striping

Those pictures look amazing!
  2. T

Comment by 'thetravhi' in media 'ADB7F166-8861-4D13-920D-285F44976B0F.jpeg'

Do you have a website where you teach techniques? This is incredible!
  3. T

The Beginning

I am new to these forums and new to train building. Around Christmastime, I got out my old Tyco Silver Streak rail system from when I was a kid (aka 1978-1979). I still can't get the Silver Streak to run, but I have started to build scenery. Here are a few shots. I will update as I find the...
  4. T

Tyco HO Silver Streak from late 70's locomotive engine help

Thank you so much! I will take a look. -Mike :-)
  5. T

The motor does appear to be inside the middle area, but it is not easily removable like another engine I have. I will have to try and pull it apart. Thanks for the response.
  6. T

Hi, Everyone. Recently, I pulled out my old train set from when I was a kid. I have a 4x8 piece of plywood and excited to get rolling again. Plugged it in, set up the track, and then remembered the engine stopped working years ago. The light comes on, but it makes no noise. So, I found...
  7. T

Old Tyco HO Scale Set - Advice on Maintenance and Mounting

I also bought the smallest nails they had at Home Depot. Huge box for only $1.65! Great deal.
  8. T

Thank you for the suggestions! I will try it.
  9. T

HI, Everyone! Thank you for all the support. I am new to this forum and getting ready to set up my old train from my youth and mount it to plywood that will sit on a table. I have two questions: 1) Looking at some of my rail below. What is the best way for me to mount this to my plywood...
  10. T

New here, looking for advice getting my Tyco HO train working again

Can I ask another question, since everyone has been so helpful. I have an original Tyco Silver Streak set from the 80s. It runs on DC power. The power still works for this, but this thread was about the problems with one of my trains. I am now thinking of getting a new locomotive for it...
  11. T

Thank you, KB02, that looks perfect. Geez, I wonder if I should just buy a new locomotive. They have online for about $55. These repair parts will cost me almost $20 with shipping.
  12. T

That is exactly what I need! I have figured out how to remount the engine and there is definitely distance between the two gears. Thank you for the post! Where would I get something like this? I figured if I can't, I can print it on a 3D printer at school, but no access to it until after...
  13. T

Yes, I am wondering if it is all worth it. But, when I look online for new ones that have everything this set has, there is none cheap. I will post pics if I get everything up and running. -Mike :-)
  14. T

Hi, Everyone! Great site, just found it! I just pulled out my Tyco Silver Streak train from back in 1980 (I think). I am writing today to get some support. My back up locomotive is not running, but it is very close. I just need some help. it is a Milwaukee Road (see pictures). When I put...

Back