Recent content by TexasJim

1. TexasJim

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Hey Flo - any of those Green Eggs and Ham left? The Cat in the Hat that posted earlier said they were very good.
  2. TexasJim

Hello to all. Sorry I missed breakfast call this morning. Started early with a one mile walk, even though it was dark at 7:00 am. Quick bowl of cereal and decided to work on a project I have been putting off - painting my small shop building. Standing on ladder for 1 1/2 hours and my knees...
  3. TexasJim

New Bloke to Forum

Welcome. I have a love for Australia because of my WW II Navy vet father. He was stationed in Australia much of his service time and always spoke glowingly of the hospitality of their people.
  4. TexasJim

Good morning all, and it is a beautiful one in DFW, Texas! Earlier conversation about how to identify a true Southerner. I am finding that is getting harder to as the years go by. It is like we are developing “hybrid” Southerners. I grew up, and have always lived in a rural county. It was...
  5. TexasJim

Good morning to all. Beautiful day south of Big D. Well, the Governor Abbott caught us all by surprise yesterday. Everyone has their opinions but he had the responsibility for making the call. I would have waited to around first of April (after all the spring breaks). Schools were...
  6. TexasJim

Good morning ya’ll! Beautiful day in the neighborhood. Had some rain last night and another shower just this morning. The boss lady informs me that I am overdue on getting my share of household chores done, so guess what I am about to do. FLO - can I get a couple of sausage biscuits to go...
  7. TexasJim

Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Flo- sorry i missed breakfast call this morning, but had to settle for pig in a blanket and donut from local donut shop at 6:00 am. Willie - your second shot experience was better than ours. We went to Dallas Fair Park for the operation set up by Dallas County and FEMA. They really need to get...
  8. TexasJim

Hope you plumber works you in soon. Plumbers are the most in demand people in Texas right now. My granddaughter is married to a plumber who normally only does new construction(mostly commercial). Right now he is voluntarily working repairs for his company because they are swamped. BTW -...
  9. TexasJim

Wow, what a deal. Just think of all the train stuff you can buy. Maybe even buy an inactive rail line and activate it!
  10. TexasJim

Have you actually ridden a narrow Gauge train?

Rode one when we were visiting Alaska. Stepped out on platform at rear of car to make some photos. I am terrified of heights. Made a few shots then as train started around a curve I happened to look down - saw nothing but space and some trees about a mile below. It was then I decided I had...
  11. TexasJim

Good morning all from south of Big D Texas where the sun is shining 🌞. Let’s see if we can get thawed out. Bright side of all this is that we are going to boost the economy of Texas. Millions of dollars of home repairs. Same with road repairs. We have been fortunate. Heard fan in shop...
  12. TexasJim

Hey folks we finally have a chance of getting to 32 degrees today. Lots of prayers needed for people all over Texas. Already lots of reports of burst pipes, and will be tons more as temp warms up this weekend. There will also be lots of pr9blems with water mains bursting. Lots of blame being...
  13. TexasJim

i am guessing you are on the north side of DFW. I am south of Dallas. We just had our first outage about an hour ago. By the time we got candles lit and flashlights located lights came back on. We have had low water pressure all day with no explanation. Fortunately, we are on a slab...
  14. TexasJim

Well we hit -1 degrees this morning. Lowest ever in my over 3/4 of a century. Willie - have you tried a hair dryer on the frozen pipes. As I mentione’d a day or two back our washing machine sits right on the exposed north wall. So far the little electric heater seems to be keeping that wall...

Back