Recent content by tdipaul

1. T

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

I can smell the diesel exhaust from that pic it is so real looking.
  2. T

Small bedroom layout

I like this redesign for it opens things up for some great scenery opps on the left side. I still think there is waaay too much track in the closet and you are going to regret it. Why not slim down to one single loop and add a lengthy run-around siding along that new stretch of single track on...
  3. T

Small bedroom layout

Nice plan! 1. Personally I would simplify the track in the closet. It looks tight, and as mentioned, the curves make coupling and re-railing more challenging. Plus it is N-Scale (I.E. small) which adds to the challenge. How is the light in there, and how is your eyesight? 2. Be careful of...
  4. T

A beginner's layout

Be careful with this alignment here. I just notice this stuff from my own struggles :)
  5. T

Fantastic! is that a Bowser loco?
  6. T

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Looks good to me! Since it is a siding that doesn't get much if any hebricide treatments, maybe some green?
  7. T

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Lookin good. What is the plan for ground cover here I have similar areas
  8. T

There is more detail in just one of these scenes than in all of my past layouts combined! Any plans to hit the rails with some brown to take the "new" off of them?
  9. T

My Thoughts about 3 HO Diesels

The wheels are clean. I was playing with the CV's when the flickering started so it was something I did. I reset the loco (CV8 to 8) and it has been fine ever since.
  10. T

Atlas Code 83 Before ballasting, a light application of Krylon Camo Brown Woodland Scenics Gray Blend, Medium ballast After the ballasting alcohol/glue solution dried the tops of the ties were scrubbed with a wire brush Vaccumed up the loose ballast Then another light application Krylon Camo Brown
  11. T

Thanks, I will check the wheels. Yes those Scale Trains do look sweet.
  12. T

My new shelf layout is powered up I've so been running some of the engines on it Bachmann GP7 w/ DCC/Sound. This engine is a fantastic value. It has been the lead loco on the new track of a few layouts to find issues and it does great. The sound is similar to other much higher priced engines...
  13. T

Back at it with a new 116"x20" HO shelf

To clear my head I took the backdrops down tonight and then applied ground foam and trees saved from a previous layout. Next up is weathering the siding tracks and the areas around the structures but I dont go too crazy with this stage. Tony Koester (a writer at MR mag) authored a story about...

Back