Recent content by tankist

1. tankist

Battery Bluetooth trains?

I'm curious what do you mean by "digital rheostat"
  2. tankist

Fructose/Sucrose plant

Looks good as an industry. While passable I wouldn't say the first thing that comes to my mind is fructose. Just my 0.02 worth. On another note, are you going to space out the facilities of the campus a bit to accommodate interplant truck/service traffic? Good luck
  3. tankist

Digitrax and Hurricane Michael!

MRC was the first system I got. It was usable, but it had serious shortcomings for my application. switched to NCE
  4. tankist

China Tariffs

One thing for sure, China got way out of hand with IP theft and currency manipulation. Sure trade war will be less then best for everyone and I do wish prosperity to Chinese people but someone at our playground needs to teach them that cheating is bad. it's way overdue
  5. tankist

Double-Crossover Dissection, particularly Shinohara

If budget allows I'd go with tortoise stall motor machines - will provide some tension from point to stock rail. For manual only operation ground throws will provide some tension as well. If you are on budget and have ability to fabricate things servo motors can be used on the cheap. At any...
  6. tankist

A building, a layout, finally!!

Man, that is sone smoking fast construction right there. Seems that the only thing to do is siding and insulate/drywall inside.
  7. tankist

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

As you said yourself different people are after different things when it comes to the hobby. You are enjoying attention on FB and that's great, enjoy. But I'd say social media is the place to be for those who want to be on social media. Naturally it is not the place for those who don't. Regards.
  8. tankist

A building, a layout, finally!!

Jerome, do you have a track plan thread going?
  9. tankist

World's lightest Model railroad helix?

Was thinking installation of cork roadbed and flextrack will be hell with this, but then I seen the sectional track... I guess it works too... Good construction and good design otherwise.
  10. tankist

Re-working an old diarama

Oh wow. I think the one thin that bothered me the most is the lack of depth that made the original line so close to the cliff (constraints of the bookshelf this was made for). I see you have this resolved
  11. tankist

Building an airbrush paint booth

I made chiming in to late, it seems that you are way on your way to build everything. But still few notes, (perhaps for others considering building). Material - Melanie white panels. Dirt cheap, clean, one might have some on hand already. If not Craiglist probably has bunch if freebe furniture...
  12. tankist

Train Inventory Software

Google sheets. Web-based , free, all the spreadsheeting and you will ever need to keep tour roster. Reqdy On the go (ie at trainshow) as well on your smartphone .
  13. tankist

Anyone just LOVE to design track plans?

Smaller radii will do for short rolling stock, but you never know if there will be aWhen said "separate" to me it sounded like "without any interconnect" just a double loop that will get boring fast. scenario you described last is what you probably enjoy most. And double main is not needed all...
  14. tankist

Ridgewood Lines- Layout Planning

Latest version of plan. And a folded diagram. Track magically connects at the checkers (via the bridge)
  15. tankist

Anyone just LOVE to design track plans?

Hi Chuck. Youvseem to have a room that will allow for interesting layout. So, 1. I agree with previous poster - 24" minimum looks to be possible and you will want to stick to that as much as you can. Sidings can be smaller R. Use what's best for situation, don't use track just because you have...

Back