Recent content by Sundance71

1. S

Ghosted Locomotive Number

I have a Digitrax DCS52 command center. I haven't worked on my layout while I had, first a knee, and then a hip replaced. Before then I set up four consists. I've cleaned up the track and engine wheels. I can run three out of the four consists. The fourth one has two engines. They don't...
  2. S

Comparing N scale diesels

Thanks for the input ... I've been out of town so didn't check here until just now. Sounds like an Intermountain diesel is an okay buy. How about Deluxe Innovations rolling stock? I'm in the market for covered 2-bay hopper cars, and there are a lot of Deluxe ones on ebay.
  3. S

Comparing N scale diesels

I currently have Kato, Bachmann, and Broadway Limited DCC diesel locomotives. I have the opportunity to purchase an Intermountain diesel. How do folks rate these brands?
  4. S

I'm all thumbs

That sounds wonderful. Thank You!
  5. S

I'm all thumbs

Good idea ... thanks.
  6. S

I'm all thumbs

I need a good laugh ... thanks. Any wisdom to add?
  7. S

I'm all thumbs

I have six older n scale passenger cars with Rapido couplers, and I want to covert them to knuckle couplers. I have purchased several (like a lot) Micro Trains Line 4-Wheel and 6-Wheel Passenger Car Trucks with adjustable couplers ... MT 1017 and 1018 ... and CANNOT get them assembled. The...
  8. S

Con-Cor Passenger Cars Diverging at Turnouts

The four passenger cars have the same rucks/couplers ... MT 1017. The dummy engine has 6-wheel trucks with no identification. The mounting screw is between two of the three wheel sets rather than at the middle wheel set.
  9. S

The trucks are MT 1017 which I assume means Micro Trains. The have the (world's?) smallest screws attaching the coupler to the truck.
  10. S

I purchased the five cars directly from their web site. I looked - hard - at the website again and there is no contact information.
  11. S

I have an n scale layout using Bachman EZ Track.
  12. S

Does ANYONE have contact information for Con-Cor? This is just crazy!
  13. S

I don't understand "shim up the guard rail across from the frog."
  14. S

The cars diverge when turned either way. Most often the rear truck stays off track.
  15. S

Thanks for the responses Jerry and Rico! I've run the Con-Cor cars through additional parts of my layout and their cars diverge at almost all of my turnouts, almost all of the time. I am completely bewildered. All of the wheels are properly spaced. I'll continue to play with the tightness of...

Back