Recent content by straight-track

1. S

NS salutes the Veterans!!!

NS SD60e Veteran paint sceme I received an e-mail today from Overland Hobbies stating a release of that loco in that paint scheme by Overland Models in 2014. Hopefully someone else will do it cheaper !
  2. S

Push Button Tortoise Machine Control

Tortoise Control Ken, I use a toggle switch Double pole double throw cross wired to reverse polarity to the tortoise and leds to show position of the turnout. Tortoise are stall motors and not bothered with constant power from the toggles.
  3. S

Athearn RTR 4 axle trucks, which mount?

Trucks Not in the Athearn line ! All the 4 axle loco frames, except the switchers, use the pin system to sit on the trucks ! A saw and epoxy are most likely the answer . Good Luck ! JOE
  4. S

Shredded Wheat factory

Boxcars I would think boxcars to bring in packaging supplies (cardboard boxes etc ) and to haul away finished products. In addition to trucks that is ! Very nice work !
  5. S

Cullen Station

Nice looking building Very nice results, Mike. Good looking building ! Joe :)
  6. S

Wpf 2-17/2-23

Rico, There's a guy on E-bay that sells a motor with mounting kit to make the dumper operational. $35, but I think it's worth it, to make it work for you. I went that route and also I drilled 1/2 holes to empty the pit into a plastic shoe box mounted beneath that. He'll make it right hand or...
  7. S

Metal Wheels & Axles(Dummy)

Dummy loco metal wheels Larry, Here is what I've done ! When I mentioned tubing I meant Styrene plastic tubing. I don't remember the sizes are ( two different sizes, one solid and one hollow ) off hand, but the geared axle is replaced with a short piece of styrene tube. The wheels you have...
  8. S

Short Larry, If I understood your method of rigging up those dummy loco metal wheels. You could take them out of your loco set them on the tracks and they would still cause a direct short. Metal wheel to metal axle to metal wheel - Wha-la BuZZZZZ short, correct ? Joe...
  9. S

Dummy Wheels Jeff, What I'm saying is if you want to sacrifice a powered truck and dummy-ize it, simply remove all the gears and axle. Join the wheels with a piece of plastic tubing, replace the bearings and Wha-La a dummy truck ! Joe :o
  10. S

Metal dummy wheels Larry, Rather than buy them, I've saved $ by using ( if you have naturally ) Athearn 1/2 axle wheels joined with Plastic tubing instead of the geared axle. Joe !
  11. S

Weekly Photo Fun 5-20/5-26

I See it ! Jeffery , It's the Exxon sign rotating, right ? Joe
  12. S

Yards Big or Small, Let's see them!

Coal yard in the distance ! A small coal yard in the distance ! The East end of my BNSF freight yard to the left !
  13. S

Bob, I sent you a PM ! Les, Of the many I've seen or had I have never seen one with the tower of metal , always plastic ( even NJ International ). The upper platforms and lights - metal. Years ago " Labell " use to make the origibal self lensed bulb replaclments . Joe...
  14. S

cranes Bob, Yes they are the cox dockside cranes. I painted one yellow as you can see and left the other blue. One has the cpmplete dock set with acces., the other not. I have no further use for them as I retired I've replaced them with two Heljans, ( they are really sweet ) ! If you've...
  15. S

Yard tower lights Scordicus, They were made by Tyco for several years back in the sixties I believe. I've several on my layout, and they work quite nice in low light ! Joe

Back