Recent content by Stadawim

1. Stadawim

Killing a Railway

Yup. Great views all around. I suppose i can't really call CSX 'boring' looking while having NS running around (i mean, it usually doesn't get much less colorful than all black), but i do so love the horse-heads. And my CPs are all Pac Mans. Not the current (and i will say this) ugly plain reds...
  2. Stadawim

Killing a Railway

Any of you let things like 'era' and such get you to stop using a particular rail line/corporation? I am literally on the verge of selling all of my CSX rolling stock, as well as the accompanying loco and caboose. This is because i like the Seaboard & Chessie Systems better and have more of...
  3. Stadawim

Another Bachmann EZ Track Question

Yeah, no. There's no Bachmann rail joiners. I've got lots of Atlas joiners as backup, and of course the insulated ones. So actually if i were to tear these up in removal, it would not be any deal at all. However, the space cutting seems a righteous idea.
  4. Stadawim

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Suppose that just might be a touch easier. Alright. May just do that.
  5. Stadawim

Yeah, i think i did that twisting before and got one successfully off. At a spur on my layout, i'm going to have the section insulated. So i need to remove the connected joiner in order to pair up the insulated ones. Yeah, yeah. I could just use normal track. But that'd take out the fun...
  6. Stadawim

Okay. I did some looking around online (here and elsewhere) and can't find an answer, so i'll ask right out. Is there some trick i'm missing to remove the built-in rail joiners on the track sections? They are some stubborn sonofaguns! I've crushed a couple trying to get them off. Is there an...
  7. Stadawim

New All Around - Grade?

The dog-boning or peninsula alterations are more intriguing. I'll probably change to suit one of those. There's also another portion of this run i didn't include. Just off the left side of the shot is a half-wall jutting out into the room. I will probably leave it there (for aesthetics...
  8. Stadawim

New All Around - Grade?

So you guys are saying this one is the culprit? Leading to that inner section. I admit it did look sketchy. It is indeed. The left loop is about 50" from wall to inside, while the top loop is about 40". Whoa. There's an elevated stand-like diving board looking thing for this?!? Okay. I may...
  9. Stadawim

New All Around - Grade?

Hey peeps. Just bought a house, and i get a train room (the Boss even helped find the house that had one). So i'm setting up possibilities, and this is one i'm stuck on for now. I kinda like it, other than it's a little deep to the back curve. I believe it has enough splits and ends to do what...
  10. Stadawim

Brands you like the most and why?

I'm exclusive to HO scale, so all answers pertain to it. I have a newfound love for all Accurail rolling stock. They're relatively inexpensive, they have the two kit styles (RTR and BTR), and come out of their boxes with an already aged look due to the paint process Accurail uses. Love those...
  11. Stadawim

Maxi Well Cars - experience?

Anyone out there model these modern workhorses? Eh, I kinda got so used to seeing them on like EVERY run around here that i decided to get some to have an intermodal run. It also fits well considering i have the two prime Maersk operating locos available. But i digress... I was wondering about...
  12. Stadawim

Just some shots...

Little more 'eye level' details of the yard... Focusing on the north side: BN, Chessie, CRIP, CP, Soo and some GoC are visible. And down to the south side: BN still visible (spine track of yard), Conrail, CSX, NS and Seaboard present.
  13. Stadawim

Just some shots...

I plan on creating a switch yard. So i set up a prototype (rough) to view how many lines i'd have to create. Guess i need a bigger table... This isn't even all of 'em, but it is all the primaries and a couple of 'short lines'.
  14. Stadawim

Great new cheap power supply

Perhaps a stupid question (but perhaps not, since i have to ask to learn); would one of these be sufficient to power a smaller nonDCC layout? I assume most can do so anyway, at least until you start putting a few locos on the tracks.
  15. Stadawim

Just some shots...

Seem to remember peeps asking for some shots of my railroads. I don't have much. Pictures that is. Yet. Mostly cause i borrow layouts and alter mine at this point. But i do so love to take them outside, it gives them a more... 'natural' feel methinks. So i've got a few of my locos and a couple...

Back