Recent content by southern154

1. S

Adding an Extra Drive Wheel Axle

I've got plenty of 2-8-0's, just trying to make a specific one (very similar to Sierra Railway 28). The base of it would look perfect with the smaller little bachmann 2-6-0 or 0-6-0 with an extra driver added.
  2. S

Adding an Extra Drive Wheel Axle

Hello all, It's been a while since i've posted on here. I wanted to know if it is at all possible to add an extra driver under the fire box on one of the generic bachmann 0-6-0 or 2-6-0's. I am wanting to make a model of a light baldwin 2-8-0, WITH and walscharts valve gear.
  3. S

DC Turntable

I have a walthers turntable. It is powered DC. I have no want or intention to make it DCC or anything fancy. I just need a way to be able to lock the bridge into place with each track. It is on the other side of my layout so something that I can flip into place manually would be ideal. Thanks...
  4. S

HO Walthers Turntable

Would the atlas 220 controller work for that purpose?
  5. S

HO Walthers Turntable

I have assembled a walthers 90' turntable and installed it. I am now wiring it up but don't know how to use the Atlas 220 controller to be able to reverse the polarity on the rails so that it will match up with the desired track. How do I go about doing this?
  6. S

Ho Steam Annoucements

I was looking around on Athearn and Bachmann's websites and i found two things of interest! First Athearn Roundhouse is re-releasing their old timer 2-8-0 (see new releases by Athearn) Also, Bachmann is coming out with a Baldwin Locomotive Works 26 in their USRA 0-6-0...
  7. S

Double Track Main Detail

I am on spring break this coming week and I'm not happy with my double track main's scenery. I need some modeling advice. I have ballast and basic scenery down, but I don't know what to ad. On one side is a rock cliff, and the other side is the edge of the table. i have a few inches on each side...
  8. S

HO Bachmann 4-8-2 Problems

It is a steam engine, no binding, no bad gears, nothing. Just a bad motor, I am about to order a new one. The contacts are fine and the wheels are as well. She gets plenty of power. I removed the motor entirely and tested it and it was still sluggish and then stopped. a new motor will cost about...
  9. S

I have taken the engine totally apart, I don't know what to look for. I got it to run for a minute forwards and, backwards, and it slowly got faster and faster and then it stopped. It isn't a broken gear, the flywheel will spin and the engine will move. All the lights are coming on, it just...
  10. S

Athearn RDC Rubber band drive

What kind of rubber band does the Athearn RDC use? and how do you instal a new one?
  11. S

Railking Pennsy Turbine Won't Run

I finally found my MTH railking Pennsy Turbine 6-8-6, it has P2 sound, when we last had it out it was shorting out, and when i found it and pulled it out i tried to remedy the problem. Everytime I put it on the track it threw the breaker on the MTH box that plugs into the wall. There is some...
  12. S

I got the motor to spin a few different times, but it was sluggish and only ran for a moment.
  13. S

I reconnected the tender wires tonight and it sputtered for a second and then stopped again. Whats the problem?
  14. S

There is no noise, nothing, just a headlight. I'm at a lose, i took the shell off and found nothing burnt or broken or disconnected. Y3a, I couldn't get underneath the metal casing surrounding the motor to test it. Would re-attaching the tender wires help?
  15. S

The engine doesn't have a decoder in it. It has the DCC quick plug in the tender with the DC plug in it. Y3a, I believe I bought a heavy mountain from you that was hardwired, this one isn't quite as nice as the N&W. it is a Southern light 4-8-2. It just won't move. Would reconnecting the wires...

Back