Recent content by sirfjm

1. S

HO Scale 500kv Power line Path

Thanks and yes. I am working on a new interstate highway that they will parallel as well as new traffic lights, shopping centers and gas stations. The railroad tracks will mostly be mainlines and will run by the nuclear power plant from which these high voltage wires come from.
  2. S

Sure. The first thing you need are ordinary wooden dowels. The ones that I bought were 4 to 5/16ths of an inch thick. Next you need some flexible wire for the purpose of tying and securing the screws(insulators) to the tower. Next you need black 3 inch screws. I got the fine thread dry wall 8 x...
  3. S

I've always wanted high voltage transmission lines on my layouts so I decided to scratch build some because there were no models of the design that I wanted. The wires or conductors will be in groups of 3 for each phase. Also in the works are substations, sub transmission and feeder lines.
  4. S

New from Florida

Cool Thanks for the info :)
  5. S

New from Florida

Thanks LOL. They hold up pretty good even though I keep them inside from the elements when not in use. The only thing about these particular models is that not everything is water proof. The visors and light targets are made out of cereal boxes which I dont think would hold up to the rain. On...
  6. S

New from Florida

I'm in winter haven in polk county. I would really enjoy working with other modelers as I have been building and working solo for many years.
  7. S

New from Florida

Thanks. I am considering building a couple of CSX locos with intermodel cars to go with the signals. Only thing limiting me is space.
  8. S

New from Florida

Francis here. I wanted to stop by and say hi and that I love scratch building railroad signals whether it be crossing signals or BLMA block signals. I do have an HO scale set but it is not in layout form. I tend to concentrate more on larger models in the 1/10 size alittle bigger than g scale...

Back