Recent content by shawn63

1. shop

shop

2. S

cattle car wheathering help.

that box car is outstanding !! do you use a air brush or wheathering powders?
  3. S

cattle car wheathering help.

thanks zoegraf, those are some great looking cattle cars, a freind of mine suggested that since they hace that much detail why not stick a little dung in the car for the smell effect !! maybe not shawn
  4. S

Whoa Nelly!

I was just able to purchase a spectrum ho shay for 129.00 thats about the price was when it hit the market in 2000 it is also dcc ready. I guess there pushing the sunami sound that one is 425.00 I can add it for 85.00 and have the same engine with sound for 230.00 after shipping this is...
  5. S

Tunnel cover

Ed those pics are fantastic, I am just now learning to model buildings, yours are an inspiration, keep up the good work !! p.s. love the turntable.
  6. S

Tunnel cover

thanks ed & jon my computer skills are lacking but getting better with your guys help thanks again.
  7. S

Tunnel cover

Hi jon I am new to these forums, not sure how to post a link, but if you just click on my name shawn63, tunnel rat, then hit personal profile the pics are in my album , still learning how yo do all this computer stuff. If that dosent get you there I have about 15 pics on my face book page...
  8. S

Tunnel cover

I to know mr. Murphy quite well. I have several short tunnels that lead to other scenes some are only a foot long but come ou on the other side of the layout giving the impression that they have quite a bit of length I have an example on my home page album if you want to look this tunnel is...
  9. S

DCC decoder heil for spectrum shay

Oh , forgot to say thanks Rico, I think I got a handel on it thanks everyone this place is the best when you need help !!!
  10. S

oups, !! phone rang, dog ran out the door left my train running , left something on the stove, forgot what the heck i was doing. thanks lost in space, shawn
  11. S

dcc help spectrum shay which decoder

thanks gary, I just got an e-mail from modelrailroadstuff and thats the one they suggested. p.s. I might look you up again when I go to installing kind of new to dcc thanks again for the help !!!
  12. S

dcc help spectrum shay which decoder

I am buying the spectrum ho shay and need to know which decoder to go with it I have an nce dcc system the other engine I have has a digitrax decoder and it works great can someone suggest what to get PS I called modeltrainstuff but the stock # dosent match up to their site and bachman...
  13. S

I am buying a bachman spectrum shay and I have a nce dcc system could someone suggest the best decoder to fit it. I have a digitrax decoder in the engine I have now and it works great what kind sould I get for the shay P>S> I called bachman but they seemed confused about the stock # and I...
  14. S

Finally!! Progress!! ...Well, sort of...

I like it nothing like that entire room to build a layout , or most of it . once construction starts it's amazing how small the room gets!! keep up the good work shawn (tunnel rat)
  15. S

track cleaning

has enyone ever tried lps-1 it's supposed to be a super conductive electrical greese that keeps the track clean or at least keep electricity flowing even when the track get dirty

Back