Recent content by ShadowNix

1. ShadowNix

CAN motors...what do you use??

Thanks for the great reply...gave me a lot to read about...despite lots of electrical work over the years in scientific instruments, none if it was in motors, so reading a lot from what you posted! Thanks a bunch. Brian
  2. ShadowNix

Rainier and Pacific (My fictional 1950's layout)

1/8 Bends pretty nicely.. cut into 2' x 4' strips to handle.... I used 2x2's behind it in some spots, 2x4s in others..some right on the drywall...spackled and sanded over the holes for the screws...primer and then paint...here is a pic of before painting....
  3. ShadowNix

1/8 masonite and hand painted using pictures. Some of the clouds funky because I had the kids and father in law help sometimes! But I painted all the mountains, trees, etc. for backdrop. In cities I plan on using cutouts with some posterboard for depth...
  4. ShadowNix

Yes, handlaid turnouts and about 1/3 of the track is handlaid...rest is microengineering code 83... :) I love the Fast-Track jigs (I have the #8 (double crossover jig but use it for regular #8's) and the #6.... LOVE them and the twistties...). Brian
  5. ShadowNix

Will do...I will tak These or the swing bridge?
  6. ShadowNix

Thanks, man. They look better painted, but want to get the trains running more first. I used a LOT of different molds and have used both plaster and resin...perfecting my techniques... I like both, really...resin is nice because you can paint then pour so that the primer is already on...
  7. ShadowNix

Current progress... still a LOT to do, but finally getting middle yard done and switches...oh, I run DCC on this - ESU Command Station and Mobile Control II. Entry Way...(by door) Moving into Layout Looking back where I entered The curve of the U in the layout (Mushroom on R; turntable...
  8. ShadowNix

Pictures of the benchwork and spline from years ago....
  9. ShadowNix

Ok, I guess I have lurked enough, I should share my layout design. It is a fictional Union Pacific (with GN interchange) line that runs in the Pacific Northwest, near Tacoma, WA. Here is the layout...about 2/3 done with track...working on the middle yard atm. The lower right corner by the...
  10. ShadowNix

What are you buying this Month?

Cheat away, @Smudge617 ... all of us make choices like that. I like the prebuilt stuff sometimes. Mix it in with scratchbuilt stuff and it gives variety when you do it right (like you seem to!)... I like that engine..nice colors.
  11. ShadowNix

Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

On Wisconsin!!! (BS '94, MD'99)
  12. ShadowNix

Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Built some switches today...~40 done, about 20 to go.... Good to get back into the rhythm of Fast-Tracks turnouts...haven't made in awhile and have to scratch build a slipswitch so I figured get the kinks out this way....
  13. ShadowNix

CAN motors...what do you use??

Ok, in general, starting to buy up some can motors for some projects that are up and coming...and I have noted that Sagami and Mashima are rare/no longer produced...what are people using nowadays for remotoring your brass engines? Faulhaber? Canon... and what sizes/models (in general - I know...
  14. ShadowNix

What are you buying this Month?

Can motors... Looking to re-motor and install decoders on some brass engines I have this summer.....
  15. ShadowNix

Turntable & Roundhouse diorama

Cool...bought some of those years ago just in case, so...found out mine is Scale Structures, so not the same... amazing project you have done. Are you going to motorize, hand crank or hand align the pit? NVM...i saw an earlier post haha.

Back