Recent content by SALRy

1. SALRy

New Train Building

Hobby Cave, I like that! My junk/TV/computer room I call the 'fuhrer bunker'. My train building plans are on hold right now. The 'ol lady does not like where I want to put it....
  2. SALRy

New Train Building

The 10x25 train room along with a 10x10 hobby room. Would both be insulated and climate controlled. The rest of the bldg will be for a '31 Model-A & Harley parking plus parts storage.
  3. SALRy

New Train Building

Nice building! I'm hoping to start on one before the year is out. A 25' x 35' metal bldg with a 10' x 25' train room.
  4. SALRy

Atlas Code 55 turn-out shortage?!?

Thanks guys! So Peco will mate up to Atlas track O'K? I'll try and see if I can better my search talents too. Thanks again.:cool: SALRy
  5. SALRy

Atlas Code 55 turn-out shortage?!?

I've been thinking about building a small N scale layout. But I'm finding Atlas code 55 switches/turn-outs are going for (to me) ridiculous prices on eBay. Why the shortage of these? I tried the search function here and could not find any other threads on the subject. I've also tried to...
  6. SALRy

Favorite train songs

Ridin' On The L & N / Deep South Blues by the Bintangs. My grandfather worked on the L & N before he switched over to the Seaboard Air Line Railway. Sometime in the early part of the last century. SALRy
  7. SALRy

Coffee Shop XXXVIII-7/20/2013

I'm waiting for the tree trimmers coming this morning. Then once that is done I'll stake out an area for a proposed garage. To park a couple of old cars with maybe some room for a train layout........Holy-moly can it get any better!
  8. SALRy

Atlas Shay, Still made?

railfan, I've been keeping an eye on the Atlas Shay's on eBay {or as I call it: greedBay} too. Unbelievable what people are paying for them! Recently on the ..'Bay I put in a bid on an older brass N scale Joe Works three truck Shay. And got it for only about two thirds of what the Atlas...
  9. SALRy

Atlas Shay, Still made?

I've checked the Atlas site and sent them an email asking about the Shay's. Atlas had a forum at one time but is closed down now for any new messages. Old messages are still available for research and I found a thread dated 2012 asking about the same as I am. I also checked the Brooklyn Loco...
  10. SALRy

Atlas Shay, Still made?

montanan, Atlas did (or still does??) make N scale 2-truck Shay's. The Roundhouse ones are "HO" scale, right?!?
  11. SALRy

Atlas Shay, Still made?

What's the story on Atlas Shay's? Are they still being made or? I've been away from the hobby and this Forum for a while. Thanks in advance SALRy
  12. SALRy

Florida Railroad Bunch

Captain Harley here, I was born in Tampa, raised in Orlando and have retired to Ridge Manor, FL.
  13. SALRy

Mail Order Electrical Supplies....

Mail Order Electrical Supplies Sorry for the long delay in thanking you guys for the info. I've got more hobbies then I need and can afford. The wiring/connectors would be for a small 9x5 foot layout I'm gon'na build using a bunch of Atlas true-track I've got. Regular DC with maybe 7 or 8...
  14. SALRy

Mail Order Electrical Supplies....

Who is the best source for mail/internet order for model railroad electrical supplies?* Especially looking for wire & connectors.* TIA* Bob:D
  15. SALRy

Layout Built In A Trailer?.....

Layout Built In A Trailer?.... Hey guys, Thanks for all the input on my layout in a trailer idea. I've decided to put the "dream layout" concept on hold...again. Maybe in the future I'll come up with a feesable plan, but for now it's off. However, all is not lost and the...

Back