Recent content by S.D. Unger

1. S

Roller Coasters

Thanks. I fully understand the science, in fact I only have room for a little more than half a coaster. So mine will have a batch of cars glued mid way down a hill. I'm hoping to set it in a corner around a trolley loop.
  2. S

Roller Coasters

Are there any kits in HO scale for roller coasters, and if there isnt, has anyone made one. I want to try to model West View Park in Pittsburgh, PA.
  3. S

Problems with a Walthers Layout Control System -- Vertical-Mount Switch Machine

For some reason the machine will not hold the program. Its current condition has a yellow light blinking and machine is now stuck in the center. Used the jumper to attempt to program several times today. I wondering if I can reset it somehow. I have the DCS210 Command Station/Booster and DT500...
  4. S

Block retaining walls

Well, the BIG lesson I learned was...there is something called a Pennsylvania RR wall! Having grown up in Pittsburgh it did seem all the walls were constructed of the same style and materials. The walls lined Liberty Ave, Carson St and the stone work in the arches for the bridges over Washington...
  5. S

Block retaining walls

I'm not in Pittsburgh any more, lived there up until 2018, what you suggest look workable to me. Thanks I'm an HO guy.
  6. S

Block retaining walls

I'm searching for a method to construct large block retaining walls like those used in Western Pennsylvania or Pittsburgh area. What do you suggest?
  7. S

Wpf 2/24-3/2

Weekend in Washington DC My wife and I spent some time in Washington visiting the museums. I thought someone might like to see our nations Locomotive. I wish I had better lenses so I could have captured the complete locomotive in one picture.
  8. S

some pictures from my Dioramas

The natural light enhances all of you work to the point that at first glance I thought the site was the real thing. Such a devotion to detail must be a great gift. (I rarely comment, and mostly admire all of the work everyone presents, but this one caught my eye)
  9. S

Show us your special rides

My Mustang I took this shot from the parking lot at the base of the Duquesne Incline, across from downtown Pittsburgh where the Monongahela River joins the Allegheny to form the Ohio River. S Unger
  10. S

Worlds biggest model railroad?

I received this link from a good friend. It was new to me perhaps others have seen this live. It seems very impressive. Too bad I cannot get to Germany right now. http://www.leenks.com/link162693.html Scott U.
  11. S

Brass Track

Hello I'm thinking about returning to the hobby after a 25 years of inactivity. I still have all the brass track and turnouts stored away. I believe there are 8 number 8's and some number 6's turnouts and many feet of flex track, several full circles of 22" radius and 18" too. Also many...

Back