Recent content by roofintrash

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

What is happening?

I had the same thing happen with a bottle of the Elmers with the black label. Switched to the standard elmers and the problem went away. Just something to try.
  2. R

What is happening?

I usually mix in a couple drops of dish soap, as this breaks the surface tension and lets it flow much better.
  3. R

New Layout

Outstanding work as usual Lynn.
  4. R

Mounting Circuit Boards under the layout

He was the original poster. And you gave him an idea that I'd guess he liked. Why ya being a prick?
  5. R

Running Consists With Foreign Power

It's your railroad, run what you like. I will mix and match road names, eras, and maybe even throw a steamer in front of diesels if the mood strikes me. It's all about having fun. My 2c
  6. R

A knock on my door (or mistakes I love to make)

I'm pretty sure we've all had that knock on the door. I filled my 12x24 hobby room with a 2 level fully functional layout with scenery started, that was fun to operate and ran flawlessly. As with life, work got in the way and I didn't have time to even run trains. The amount of time it took to...
  7. R

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Everything but the Walthers turntable. I should have done the whole thing with flex but had a brain fart. I only hope this would be a free standing layout, as you'll never be able to reach the corners.
  8. R

I read right past the Peco part! DOHHHH I'll re-work it when I get a chance with Peco turnouts.
  9. R

Here ya go Big G. Just a quick throw together of your idea. 19.5 minimum radius. #4 atlas turnouts.
  10. R

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

What did you use for the parking area dirt? Sure looks like our dirt around here. Well done, as usual. You sir, are an artist.
  11. R

Hello from an Absolute Beginner!

Welcome to the group. There are no stupid questions here. Best MRR forum around. What part of Indiana are you in? I'm in the northwest corner.
  12. R

Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Justin Very sorry for your loss.
  13. R

The M-K & Eastern RR

Outstanding work as usual. The awning looks great.
  14. R

JTEX A switcher junkyard

If it were me, I think I'd strip everything off the diorama and start from scratch on placement of buildings and details. In the long run it will probably be easier to start over, than try to blend everything together and to match track spacing and scenery. JMO

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.