Recent content by ringo thomas

1. ringo thomas

Rubber

Here are some pictures of my rubber work, as promised. this is me repairing a remote control. This is my nephew, i repaired his costume for him. Some supplies i have in the shed. My nephew asked me to make this for him, i am not really sure what it is.
  2. ringo thomas

Detail

Hmmmm, plastic or fibreglass? Never thought of that. I can get plastic no problems, i will melt down some office supplies. Where do you all buy your fibreglass supplies? Over and out
  3. ringo thomas

Detail

That is dissapointing to hear, Ron. I dont think i could make those locos out of rubber though. Maybe i could make them from lead or something?
  4. ringo thomas

Detail

So how much time do you all spend doing the details inside your buildings and trains? I have been building my ticket office for 3.5 weeks now and i still have a long way to go. Every rubber mould takes me a couple of hours to carve, then i have to pour the figure and paint it. Also i am...
  5. ringo thomas

Just saying hello.

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, i should have elaborated more. I am new to the modelling world, but i have a lot of skill in rubber repair that i thought would be a carry-over skill, that is what my pics are of. I just meant to offer some service in exchange for the questions i may ask of you...
  6. ringo thomas

Just saying hello.

Hi everyone, Ringo Thomas here. I wanted to say hi and tell you how excited i am to find this forum. I have some pics of my work some where and once i find them, i'll whack 'em up here quicksmart like! If anyone wants any tips on repairing rubber, just let me know. Over and out.

Back