Recent content by RIGuyUK

1. RIGuyUK

Intercity 125 instrument

Its the Advance Warning System sunflower indicator for signalling The radiation warning is for the paint used on them.
  2. RIGuyUK

Pictures from the US Airforce Museum near Dayton, OH

Great photo's! Thanks for sharing I visited Hill AFB Museum, UT, back in January, my first visit to a US air museum. Really enjoyed my visit
  3. RIGuyUK

What couplers do i use?

I have standardised on #5's, every car and loco gets these fitted
  4. RIGuyUK

Is Kato's pocket line series N scale?

Yes, they are N-Scale, they look smaller as they represent Japanese/European vehicles which have a smaller loading gauge than North American vehicles
  5. RIGuyUK

Junker restorations/rehabs

Mech-Models in Burton-on-Trent sell Tru-Color and Badger paints, I've used them a bunch of times, very good service
  6. RIGuyUK

Can you run 2 trains simultaneously on 1 track without DCC?

I have and NCE Starter Set, which is far from a 'starter' set! I've had it about 15 years or so now and it's never let me down. I also have a Roco z21 as I thought having all the features on a screen would be great, I used it once and went back to the NCE. The reason I like it is because it...
  7. RIGuyUK

Weathering Rails ...

If you use too strong a water/IPA mix it may affect the paint work and the plastic on the ties, glue and matte mediums wont affect at all
  8. RIGuyUK

My Weathering Projects

I've renamed this thread from 'My First Boxcar Repaint' to 'My Weathering Projects' I have a large amount of stock (well, large by UK standards) that I would like to have weathered by the time my layout goes to its first exhibition in November so I have been pressing on. I always weather my...
  9. RIGuyUK

Just starting out, should I start with starter set?

Kato starter sets are very very good value for money, very reliable and easily expandible. It'll allow you to get something up and running to keep your enthusiasm up whilst working out what you want to do long term. You can build a full layout from Unitrack, have a look on Youtube for examples...
  10. RIGuyUK

Bowser that I painted

Very nice repaint!!!
  11. RIGuyUK

Can we talk Brands

Prices are very subjective, what is good value to someone is a rip-off to another. Some of the prices charged for new locomotives and rolling stock can be rather eye-watering, but unless we can see what the full costs involved to produce a model are then we wont know if the companies are...
  12. RIGuyUK

Paint Stripping

LA's Totally Awesome is a great paint stripper which doesn't seem to affect the plastic.
  13. RIGuyUK

An attempt at Painting

I don't have many Tamiya cans left, though I picked up a Hull Red from Wonderland Models in Edinburgh a few weeks back, I paid less than £7 for it If you are looking in future, look at the general model shops in your area (if you haven't already!)
  14. RIGuyUK

An attempt at Painting

Certainly agree re the thinner longevity, though I go through a lot of IPA in lots of modelling situations so couldn't do a comparison. I've not used Golden's products, the seemed to be quite hard to find here in the UK for a while but seems to be improving. Tru-Color paints are fantastic...
  15. RIGuyUK

An attempt at Painting

A great product I use is Winsor & Newton's Galleria varnishes, water based and great to spray with, but also dry level when brushed For a quick spray varnish I use Vallejo's range, well worth the money and the closest to how Dullcote used to be I've been moving further and further away from...

Back