Recent content by Renegade1c

1. Renegade1c

Chain Link Fencing

i actually prefer phosphor bronze wire over brass for things like fencing and guard rails. Its stiffer and its easier to solder. you can also cut it with a exacto knife by rolling it under the knife which give a nice flat end. I get it from Tichy...
  2. Renegade1c

Repair shops in pnw

What do you think issue is? you may be able to get some help from the forum members. Many of us are even in your area of the woods.
  3. Renegade1c

Occasional Polarity Flip

Digitrax manual is certainly not clear on that. Excerpt below is from digitrax DCS 100 manual. When is says "DCS100's booser is auto reversing" as thrown as factory default, that is certainly confusing. Research on Digitrax.io groups shows you are correct though. Now I gotta check my spare...
  4. Renegade1c

Control Panels

Here is one of my older control panels. I do the artwork in Powerpoint of all programs, print it on a laser printer (ink is waterproof) and laminate it between two sheets of 0.093" thick lexan (polycarbonate). I also add a layer of black cardstock behind the paper to act as a light barrier. I...
  5. Renegade1c

Occasional Polarity Flip

Do you have auto-reversing enabled on the DCS 100 and DB150's? If you are not using this feature you should disable it. This will cause the command stations and boosters to flip their Phase (Polarity). From the description of your setup you are not using the auto reversing function anyway since...
  6. Renegade1c

Do you hand lay your track?

i only hand lay specialty trackwork. For instance, I needed a crossover on a curve and off the shelf turnouts did not come close to what I needed. Here is the unpainted final look at it.
  7. Renegade1c

Digitrax DT602D Throttle Doesn't Work

I'm still waiting for mine to show up even though I ordered it 3+ weeks ago. Apparently they are hot ticket item. Everyone is either back ordered or sold out. I hope Digitrax lets you know what happened to it once you get it back so we can all learn about and get over the "teething pains" as its...
  8. Renegade1c

Digitrax DT602D Throttle Doesn't Work

You sure you got the duplex version and not the tethered version? if price was around $160 then it was tethered version. The duplex version is around $200. The only reason i mention this is Yankee Dabbler has the DT602D listed still has "preorder" on their website. They have the non-duplex...
  9. Renegade1c

Model Railroader Forum Log-In

yep having issues with it. I can login just fine but if I do I get an error whenever I go to look at a thread. If I log out I can see the same thread that I had an error on just fine. I don't get it...I tried both Edge and Chrome and get the same results. Even my phone is doing it.
  10. Renegade1c

Anyone with experience with Flexxbed Scale?

I have used it on my entire mainline. Its great stuff. I use latex caulking to glue it done to the sub roadbed. No need to cut it to go around curves. I use a stamp roller to make sure that sticks firmly in place. It doesn't absorb glue so it still has its flexibility even after ballasting. It...
  11. Renegade1c

Making your own decals

Another thing that will help immensely if you print them with a laser printer and/or photocopier using the transparency setting (does anyone use those any more?) This burns the ink into the decal film and doesn't run like inkjet ink.
  12. Renegade1c

3d prints

I got one way back when (2011 i think). the thing is obsolete now compared the one we have at work.20190528_222241 by Chuck Lee, on Flickr I 3D printed the railings on it for my Station Platform. I also 3D printed all the vertical members on the platform on the printer. There are 28 supports...
  13. Renegade1c

Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

The solvent for Trucolor Paint is acetone so you are good to go. I also use the acetone to thin the paint a bit when I use it in the airbrush. I haven't had the same success as others shooting it straight from the bottle. I have a little pipette which seems to be the perfect amount to thin the...
  14. Renegade1c

Getting started with JMRI for Signalling

Dick Bronson has some really good clinics on his website. http://www.rr-cirkits.com/Clinics/Clinics.html He give a pretty good Step-by-step process to do signalling with the components you specified.

Back