Recent content by rdwarrior

1. R

New to model railroading

Thanks Frank, When all the Covid mess started, I really got bored being at my house doing nothing. Someone told me I needed a hobby, and that got me started. Haven't done any of this since my teen years, and I can't get over how much has changed. I am learning something every day. My first...
  2. R

New to model railroading

I will give that a try. I thought about that previously, sort of like re-booting my computer. Everything worked when I got them, and the default was already a "3".
  3. R

New to model railroading

Yes Greg, I am trying to use the "0" button to turn on the lights, but after I assign a new address to my loco, that button does nothing from then on.
  4. R

New to model railroading

Thanks Santafe, I realize the holiday will slow things down, but I am patient. My layout is strictly freelance out of my head. No particular era, no particular railroad, however, I am trying to keep as many of the trains either Florida East Coast, or Amtrak because of my location. I am just...
  5. R

New to model railroading

I am the Rdwarrior from south Florida. Because of Covid-19 inactivity, I have renewed my early life interest in building my first layout at 83 yrs old. Things have drastically changed since my last foray into the hobby in my late teens ( whatever happened to the old brown mountain paper?), and I...

Back