Recent content by railflyermodel

1. R

RailFlyer????????

The Railflyelmodel.com domain finally expired so logging into my email account brought me here. Wow, a lot of misinformation. Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc. did not go bankrupt. It is insolvent. Under corporate law, to file bankruptcy is around $10,000 which if there was $10,000 the...
  2. R

Some Updates

Guys, I have been flat out setting up parts this month. All 25 versions of hoods are completely programmed and will start running today. I lost a week due to a chiller leak and tool setter malfunction on top of the wait for materials. There is enough plastic to do 25 sheets, 9 kits per...
  3. R

Fuel Tanks

I did a OEM last fall where we did a black anodized finish. It was micrometers thick and flat, looked great. So they might be done this way - paint no. Most guys would paint them anyway so in most cases is not needed.
  4. R

Ho scale hood sides

Guys, The rear of the DP 6244 Weed Cutter Plow's will be done tonight, this image was taken about two hours ago. This image was from a test I did before the CNC went dead this fall. This is a test I did this past fall with the DP 6240 CN Snow Plow's. So once the Weed Cutter front...
  5. R

Ho scale hood sides

Guys, Here are some updates: DP 6244 Weed Cutter Snow Plow - this has been running all week, right now the rear will be done tonight, as of this morning the CNC passed 1.29 million lines of code out of 1.56 million required to do the rear final pass. I was in a catch 22 here, the faster tool...
  6. R

Ho scale hood sides

In 2 - 3 weeks you should be able to see most of our new loco and detail product revisions, I am moving everything over to a machined, injection moulded plastic, and machined, laser cut format with everything made on-site so I don't have the headaches the past few years of using China for...
  7. R

Ho scale hood sides

I only did two to save time setting up. I am picking up plastic today for the production of all versions. I have been waiting for a replacement 0.5mm flat to arrive so I can start the top sides. The set up of the new fuel tanks and hoods was hard on the cutters. I have had the DP 6244 Weed...
  8. R

Ho scale hood sides

Will do on the applicability request. 3 GP sheets are done on the back. 2 SD are done too. As orders come in, the tops will be done to match demand. CJH
  9. R

Fuel Tanks

Guys, I set up our fuel tanks this weekend. The new format is a machined metal tank with plastic end plates. This is the 4000 US GAL version as applicable to the SD40-2w. With no hard tooling limitless versions are possible. Thanks, Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc...
  10. R

Ho scale hood sides

I was done, then discovered when I moved some of the layers, not all where selected. This is the EMD GP38-2 mid version. With this file completed, I can hit the remaining versions and carry into the early GP38-2 and initial phases of GP39-2. After I get a few more versions done, I am...
  11. R

Ho scale hood sides

these are the CPR bolts as seen on the GP38-2 and SD40-2. they are used in place of the flag holder and lift ring at the end of the hood beneath the radiator screen. the OD on the washer is 0.034", the hex bolt is 0.023". none of the of the major model releases used for "prototype"...
  12. R

Ho scale hood sides

SD40-2's, SD38-2's are all programmed, 3/4 the way through the GP38-2, they will be done today.
  13. R

Ho scale hood sides

Guys, The set up for the hood sides is done. Production will start Tuesday. Here is a pre-production sample. Some minor modifications to improve quality will be done, however the machined sides lead to a very easy assembly. The surface detail easily beats anything done in China. This...
  14. R

Ho scale hood sides

CAM files for the SD40-2 variations are over half finished.
  15. R

N Scale Dash 2 EMD/GMDD Hoods

It would be something like this, only the doors, screens and such would be added to the sides. All RTR models are highly innacurate in HO scale, its likely just as bad in N Scale so its a means to get better models for those who really want accuracy. Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model...

Back