Recent content by PittBull

1. P

Drawing parallel curves?

Having trouble figuring out how to draw parallel 13.5 radius curves. I have the outside curve drawn. I have my center lines spaced at 1.5". Can't get the inside curve drawn to match. What am I missing? Thanks so much.
  2. P

Newbie learning DCC wiring...

When I built my first layout, I used manual switches because I did not want to mess with the electrical side and I could reach both of them. This layout will be a little more involved. 1. Where would I go to learn how to wire/install DCC friendly switches. 2. Is Digitrax a better system than...
  3. P

Newbie learning DCC wiring...

1. I am trying to learn how to properly wire a brand new 3'x6' N scale layout for DCC. I am just learning the electrical terms like "main bus" and what it means. 2. I have used the NEC Pro Cab on an N scale layout a couple of years ago by simply wiring it directly to the track. This time...
  4. P

48"x72" N Scale layout help needed

I sincerely appreciate all of your ideas and suggestions. I started on my journey January '15 by buying an N scale estate sale. The collection had plenty of flex track, rolling stock and about 20 locos. Six can be adapted to DCC. I built my benchwork and laid down track from an Atlas plan. I...
  5. P

48"x72" N Scale layout help needed

I want to create an Appalachian mountain scene with a tunnel, pastoral and light industrial setting. I'd like to have the "mountain tunnel" going along the long side of my layout which would be the "back" side of the layout. I also would like to create a "parallel" line running slightly lower...
  6. P

Southern Railroad

Maybe someone here could point me in the right direction. I am interested in modeling a section of the Southern railroad that passed through Ga & SC during the 50's & 60's. My wife's grandfather was an engineer on that line. 1. Where would I find N Scale loco and rolling stock from that period...
  7. P

N scale grades, slopes and piers?

I have drawn my Atlas N-7, N scale layout on my 48x72 plywood benchwork. The N-7 involves one bridge. Three newbie questions: 1. Should I butt the cork roadbed up against the #1 Atlas pier? 2. How should I support the flex track between the piers, assuming that I should that is? 3. Are there...
  8. P

Hello from a Newbie

Good morning everyone. I just found and joined the forum. I have just started to build an N scale layout on a 48"x72" plywood base. I bought a train collection from an estate sale listed on Craig's List. I have tested all the locos, about 25, and all but 2 run quite nicely on the test track. A...

Back