Recent content by phillip

1. P

first timer wanabee modelrailroader newbie

I was messing with some smoke on the layout,here the results.
  2. P

more pics of my progress
  3. P

update on my pike,next I need some ferns for ground cover.HO/OO scale to cover a large area.Can anyone give sugestions or picture examples will be most welcome.
  4. P

So I thought Id update my progress on the layout, only everytime I try upload something it tels me i need to log in AGAIN?!#@
  5. P

Backdrop Painting Tips Needed

The best backdrop to senery transition ive seen http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11835&whichpage=29 blows my mind
  6. P

Ja I was thinking one could use the two together 1:87 -1:76 combined, has anyone treid this? A sort of forced perspective. scratchbuilt logging in OO would look better on code 100 ho track and the little extra scale size leaves room for extra detial
  7. P

Using your standard hornby type of track guage what could I model scalewise onto that? HO S & O
  8. P

Yes, earosol spray cans. Two acrylic colours blended in with light misting of white and then blue earosol spray at the top.I also gave a whash of turquise acrylic in the middle but its almost unoticeable. In hind site I might have used more deep blue in the middle but one can always remedy this...
  9. P

heres a pic of the trainroom from outside. The rockwork was done using a very simple and cheap method. once its covered with greenery all the litlle holes can be covered up.
  10. P

rico whats on30? Im sticking to backdrop and senery like trees and so to keep my options open regarding scale.At this point I have no locos or rolingstock, I use code 100 ho track and have ho chassies at the ready. Could someone break down all this on3 ho30 stuff, I know about O S & HO N scales
  11. P

Backdrop Painting Tips Needed

I started painting my backdrop , check "first timer wenna... on the Ho scale page.
  12. P

On to green, using about five diferent shades matched up to the picture refrence I added vegetation growing up the mountain slope and the furthest trees at the bottom of the mountain.Again using spray to tone down and give a sence of distance with a light misting of white and blue after all the...
  13. P

Several colours were used on after another alowing no drying time, acrylic dries in a few hours if aplied impasto ,paint from my first aplication now resurface as I disturb it again with new colour, this along with my messy brush helps keep all the colours we aply relevent in the final...
  14. P

Things are moving along now and I start in with the spray cans, ading some dark blue to the very top slightly and a little white in a horizontal stroke at the bottom, very suttle with the spray here. the top of my plastic card backbord sits a few inches from the roof so I plan to add a nice wood...
  15. P

OK..next is the initial drawing. the large white canvas can be intimidating so I get some spray cans and make a mess, just to show whose boss. basic lay of the land in place I can start ading some paint. A light blue followed up by a deeper colour at the top. mixing them in on the mural as i go...

Back