Recent content by peroni

1. P

Bending MDF

Don't even think about water, it will just make the mdf swell up and when it dries out it will still be swollen, once it is wet it is ruined and will not shrink back, if you have an off cut try it and see what happens, mdf is not made to bend, ply on the other hand can bend easily.
  2. P

Q: Adjusting the Walthers Traffic Light Controller Module

There is nothing that you can adjust inside, there ia a 5 volt regulator and a 12 vollt regulator along with an IC and a few other discrete components like resistors etc. The best way for you to achieve what you want is this way, the wires come from the traffic lights to a resistor which then...
  3. P

Crossing bell

Here is the one that I'm using, the GL300 if you scroll down the page until you see Grade crossing bell then click on the speaker icon it will let you hear the sound. https://www.ittproducts.com/GL.html
  4. P

Digitrax DT602D Throttle Doesn't Work

DT602Ds are equipped with Duplex Radio, using existing UR92’s for operation You never mentioned anything about the UR92 (receiver) only a UP5 and it will work if it is plugged into the UP5 but you need the UR92 if it is wireless.
  5. P

Corrugated Metal Roof

Here is another method that has been shown to work OK for this person.
  6. P

Reseting a Digitrax DT402 to Factory Settings?

I don't know what you mean by resetting the DT402, as there is no information stored in it, everything is stored in the command station, the DT402 is just a Throttle and if you unplug it, that is how it came from Digitrax. It is the command station that stores everything and of course you can...
  7. P

LGB over-rail joiners

Did you take a look at this site, it may help you out: http://www.onlytrains.com/model/railroad/JT-R.html
  8. P

Athearn New Mexico Rail Runner

That is a nice looking train.
  9. P

Slow Bachmann

I finally received my new motor and changed it out, now my loco is back to normal again.
  10. P

Using R/C Servos for turnout actuation.

If you have a look at this site, you will find a few different ways to operate a servo for your turnouts, there are a few videos there which demonstrate the various boards and options. They all connect to your DCC bus and operate off that. http://www.tamvalleydepot.com/ SwitchWright Switch...
  11. P

Slow Bachmann

It is the same loco that you have, I should have said that there is no room at the top or bottom of the motor for resistors and caps as there is only a slight gap both top and bottom, and yes it was a dc loco until I changed it to DCC, but don't forget I said that it was running for years as DCC...
  12. P

Slow Bachmann

I ordered the motor without the resistors and caps, because that is what it has in it already, I can't see how the one with the resistors and caps could fit as the motor touches the top and bottom of the frame as you photo shows and there is no room on the side as it is a neat fit into the...
  13. P

Slow Bachmann

On the Bachmann spare parts page they show the GP40 has two different motors, one with the Caps and resistors and one without, I don't know what loco the one with the caps and resistors go into as mine does not have any of these on the motor. My loco was running fine for a few years, then...
  14. P

Slow Bachmann

I have exactly the same loco and exactly the same problem, this started a couple of weeks back, I took the loco apart, cleaned everything and oiled it, still no good, so then I changed the decoder, still the same, I took the motor out and checked the speed on dc, it seemed ok but I thought it...
  15. P

Micro-plug connectors

I guess what you are after are jst connectors, if you do a google search you will find they come in different sizes from very small to large also from 1 pin to multiple pins.

Back