Recent content by Patrick

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Patrick

Steam starter set HELP

Welcome to the site. I'm surprised that there isn't more in steam besides bachmann. May I suggest you buy a separate locomotive and train starter set? That is get the roundy round starter set and then get an addition locomotive to pair with it? At least that's what I'd do.
  2. Patrick

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Rained really hard for 2 minutes and quit. Enough to maybe settle the dust, but I doubt it.
  3. Patrick

Well, We may get some rain early. In the past couple of hours it has gotten dark as the wind appears to have shifted. Still nothing severe expected until later...
  4. Patrick

Morning all, Currently 81* and partly cloudy in Doo-Dah with heat index at 6:00a at 91* supposed to get to 97* today with heat indexes of 104-109* for the 3rd day in a row. It is humid enough outside that my truck rear window had condensation on the outside. Good news (maybe) is we should get...
  5. Patrick

All are welcome. Feel free to join in and I like the photo of your layout!
  6. Patrick

Fire station or We can't burn the house down!

Few more of the work I had in the hour I had last night. Mostly waiting for paint to dry. As you see the brick that would have been under the roof provided in the kit. I got it mortared. The new roof slab in initial paint along with the side and back doors. While in a primer, the red front...
  7. Patrick

Rebuilding My Layout

Good work!!
  8. Patrick

New digs!!!! Love the color scheme!!! Coffee this morning, Flo. My week is on the downhill!! I has a little time last night (about an hour) and did a little more on the fire station. Biggest issue is waiting for paint to dry.... Supposed to be another day like yesterday, we hit 100* and heat...
  9. Patrick

JTEX A switcher junkyard

Young people these days....lol Good work on the shelving. 1X3?
  10. Patrick

Slip Coaches

Very Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  11. Patrick

Fire station or We can't burn the house down!

Seeing these related kits, explains the "brickwork" at the top of the inside walls. It also explains the doors on the 2nd and 3rd floors without a fire escape. I've got to get that brick mortared and then get the acetate windows cut and glued. I am still tossing if I want to attempt an interior...
  12. Patrick

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Morning all, Partly cloudy this morning and 80* with a predicted high of 102* today (way too early). Heat index 105 to 110* so heat warnings go into effect at noon. I bought some evergreen models sheeting to cut for the roof fire house. I'm hoping that regular model cement will work. I'm...
  13. Patrick

Love For the Hobby

I understand the question, but just not sure how to respond.
  14. Patrick

Module Construction

Nice work.....I use simple rail joiners to connect my "bridges" on my layout. They are easy to replace and use.
  15. Patrick

Coke works and surrounding area activity

Good Video DJ!.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.