Recent content by Patrick

1. Patrick

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Morning all, 50° and clear going for a high of 84°. Out this afternoon for a training session and the out tomorrow for a cyber conference. Getting more info that will keep me awake at night. Then off for a week, followed by working 2 days and then off 3 as I will have to work May 4th for...
  2. Patrick

Morning all, 63° and rainy this morning with a high later of 80°. Some storms may be possible. I did drive through some heavy rain bands on my way in this morning and there was an apparent tornado this morning a few counties over, no word on damage yet, but it is a sparsely populated area. BBL
  3. Patrick

Only train store in the area is a small one in Mulvane. Only open on Saturdays. Hobbytown at Kellogg and Rock used to have more than they do, but they got rid of a bunch of stuff when they relocated in the strip mall they're in. IIRC, I think I heard about one in Hutchinson, but never been there.
  4. Patrick

Cheney is a nice town. Sedgwick county fair is there. I have family in Pretty Prairie. I'm east of Andover and work for Derby.
  5. Patrick

Morning all, 64° and cloudy, going for a high of 81° later. Supposed to have some storms late this evening and into the overnight. We need the rain. We had a wetter than normal January, and not much has fallen since. Smaller ponds that filled in January are starting to get dry again. 2...
  6. Patrick

Morning all, Not much this morning, had to fix a gutter that leaks. Found it full of dirt at the leaking side, and it runs the wrong way. So I got it emptied and lowered the end toward the drain. Now I have to wait for it to dry to get it sealed. Currently 71° going for a high of 90° later...
  7. Patrick

Afternoon all, Currently 80° and sunny with a breeze out of the south at 25 to 35 MPH and an ocassional gust to around 40. Yes it was Still water OK. I hadn't been to Eskimo Joe's before, but the wife and kids had. The drive was nice. The ASVRR trip was interesting. I even got ro ride in...
  8. Patrick

Evening All, Yesterday we intended to head north, but the wind was blowing out of the north, so it blew us south. We ate lunch here: Was only 115 miles from home. Bonus to anyone who knows where we went. Food was good and priced ok. This morning the wind was calm (for Kansas). We headed...
  9. Patrick

Morning all, On a vacation day today, now to get to one of the myrad of projects I need to get done. Currently 48° going for a high of 66° later. I did finally get the spark plugs changed in the wife's Equinox. I only bough them last year when the had a rebate. Everything came apart simply...
  10. Patrick

Afternoon all, One day left this week, and 4 days off before starting the new schedule. I have 2 things to attend next Wednesday (Cyber Training) and an all day Cyber conference on Thursday. Then off a week, come back to Work 2 days and then off 3 days, work Saturday May 4th morning (server...
  11. Patrick

Morning all, 47° and clear, high of 70° later. That was no moon eclipse yesterday: The government was moving the death star... Popped my left arm\shoulder over Easter weekend and the again on Saturday night. I now have a lumpy muscle for a left bicep. When I took my blood pressure last...
  12. Patrick

Morning all, Busy weekend, so I'll catch up later. Currently 50° and clear, high later of 72°. BBL
  13. Patrick

Evening all, After nearly 3 hours with support this morning, I got a hotfix to fix an issue with our main firewall. Applied it a bit ago and typing this via a remote desktop session from the office machine. That's good because this would have terminated my session before hotfix. Our model is...
  14. Patrick

Morning all, Currently 36° and clear. Didn't get the frost they were expecting. Barely in the door and work beckons... BBL
  15. Patrick

Not surprised. They are in Kansas only I believe.

Back