Recent content by Ozarks R. Lee

1. Ozarks R. Lee

Seriously considering modeling my home town. Anyone else?

I'm planning on modeling the route between St. Louis and Piedmont Missouri which are both my hometowns.
  2. Ozarks R. Lee

Dream steam train build!

Awesome job, but does it run off of DCC or DC? :P
  3. Ozarks R. Lee

Google Plus Hangouts?

I have a Google+ account and I would like to hang out with the fine folks here. I'm disabled, so it gives me something to do.
  4. Ozarks R. Lee

Researching Union Pacific's Wyoming Division

Yup, they were unless it was manufactured in the late 1880s or was really fast for passenger service. The Empire State #999 was a 4-4-0 that ran until 1952 and retired. I could see UP using the 4-4-0 for yard duty if it was manufactured in the late 1880s.
  5. Ozarks R. Lee

3-Axle Trucks?

You're welcome, I believe that any car, outside of passenger, built with six wheel trucks was a custom order for a specific customer. It could very well be that a six wheel truck box car was ordered by a company to make it stand out and to show that the company is making sure the products they...
  6. Ozarks R. Lee

Researching Union Pacific's Wyoming Division

It all depends on how many citations the article has. Many of the articles I cite from there have at least ten different references in a bibliography.
  7. Ozarks R. Lee

The Empire Express

It looks like the engines in the middle and the right are 4-6-0s while the left hand one is a 4-4-0. Excellent find, so thank you for posting them.
  8. Ozarks R. Lee

3-Axle Trucks?

Check this thread to see if they have it in the 1888 Car Builders' book linked there.
  9. Ozarks R. Lee

New City HO Layout

Union Pacific maintains one up in Cheyenne, Wyoming and it services, I believe, 18 tracks. When they wheel out 844 for its annual run they use it to get it pointed to Denver.
  10. Ozarks R. Lee

The Empire Express

#999 was built in 1893 and ran the Empire Express route until 1952 when it was finally retired.
  11. Ozarks R. Lee

The Empire Express

From what I've gathered the engine could be #999 and that would make it a 4-4-0.
  12. Ozarks R. Lee

HO Walthers passenger car curve derailment

Before you add the weights, roll the car on a flat surface and check to see if the wheel is actually hitting the the surface then try it on curves. Keep a careful eye on the truck and the wheel as it could just be a bad wheel.
  13. Ozarks R. Lee

HO Walthers passenger car curve derailment

Does it have weights inside the car? If it does they weight could have shifted to that one corner throwing the center of gravity off to the point it always derails.
  14. Ozarks R. Lee

Paint and weathering MDC hustler

That's an excellent job you did. The engine looks like its seen better days.
  15. Ozarks R. Lee

Car Builders' Cyclopedia of American Practice or My Find of the Day!

LOL I've seen a much worse scan job.... half of the images weren't available in an 1871 copy of Travelers' Guide of the Railway and Steamship Navigation Lines.

Back