Recent content by ossroy

1. ossroy

Anyone recognize this....

I think it is obvious that it is both auxillary fuel and a slug. Why else would they have specifically installed a fuel filler pipe? And looking at pictures of the switchers it has been attached to, I notice that the fuel tanks on the switchers are miniscule. There are a ton of pictures of this...
  2. ossroy

Awesome Grab on Ebay!!

I love when those deals happen. I love finding items by accident because the seller didn't properly describe the item, hence it doesn't show up when everyone searches. I got a new $50 book for $14 because seller left a key word of the title out of the description. Picked up a custom painted...
  3. ossroy

Brass track, is it so bad?

When auto manufactures, hardware manufactures, etc. start using brass instead of zinc to protect their products from corrosion, maybe I'll take another look at brass (not really). I used it for years and cleaning was a never-ending chore. I have seen long-unused brass turn green and fuzzy. Never...
  4. ossroy

Rail Thieves

I don't buy the "terrorist dry run" nonsense. You'd have to be one stupid terrorist to think you need to go to such lengths as complete rail removal to derail a train. And why take the rail with you?
  5. ossroy

Do you Preorder?

I refuse to preorder. I'm willing to wait for it to show up on eBay or at a swap meet, and save a small fortune.
  6. ossroy

Athearn DCC ready locos

Shipping is free.
  7. ossroy

Survey regarding Online Model Railroad Shopping

I buy almost all of my locos and rolling stock on eBay, because I can't pass up the bargain basement prices that I can find there. I rarely buy from non-eBay online stores, with the exception of Charles Ro, where I got a couple of incredible deals on G locomotives. However I do occasionally buy...
  8. ossroy

Stupid question about Athearn Genesis

May I assume if the SD45-2 box says "with sound" that it also has DCC installed? I ask because I've seen other ones with boxes that say "DCC and Sound".
  9. ossroy

Ultrasonic cleaning vs Blasting booth

What kind of solution do you use in the ultrasonic cleaner?
  10. ossroy

Need Pictures for weathering ideas

Looks like a giant pigeon was sitting on it! LOL!!!
  11. ossroy

Specific questions about brass painting

Thanks, Alan. I'll be painting diesels, which I hope are easier than steam.
  12. ossroy

Specific questions about brass painting

I have custom painted many plastic models with results excellent enough that the hobby shop asked me to do some painting for them (I declined). With plastic models it's generally easy to separate the details from the shell for painting and decaling. Now I'm looking at doing several brass diesels...
  13. ossroy

Buying from Trainz

I'm pretty sure you need to buy something to leave a review.
  14. ossroy

Buying from Trainz

Just look here. http://www.google.com/products/seller?hl=en&q=g22340&client=ubuntu&zmi=trainz.com&cmi=20017701026398208&sqi=2&pub=Google+Checkout+Reviews Looks like a pretty glowing review to me. You can click and jump right to the negative reviews instead of looking through them all.

Back