Recent content by Odyknuck

1. O

Layout Room EntranceWay Bridges

How about attaching them to the door to the shed and using it to swing them out of the way. I would also add additional hinges to the door to carry the extra weight. The ends of the bridges and corresponding benchwork and track would need to be cut on an angle on the opening side of the door...
  2. O

Signal and turnout control options

fcwilt, now that RR-Cirkits went to LCC are you converting over?
  3. O

Using one Tortoise remote mount to drive two turnouts

Ok so I have been experimenting with the remote mount and as expected using the .025"diameter wire, it is flexing the ends of the point rails. So my question is how much is too much?
  4. O

Ok, maybe some clarification is required. I am well aware of bel cranks etc to operate 2 or more turnouts with one switch machine however that is not the question. I recently purchased 10 of the Tortoise remote mounts for $4.50 each and plan on using them. So my question still stands as...
  5. O

You can already do that with an extra Tortoise Cable actuator. The remote mount has 2 slots that a cable wires can clamp to. I was looking at using the other hole to bring a wire straight up from the slider and into the turnout. I would drill a hole up thru the slider and clamp the wire to it...
  6. O

I am wondering if anybody has tried to use the remote mount at the Tortoise location to drive one turnout direct off the mount its self and another using the cable assembly that comes with it. I know you would typically use two cable assemblies to do it however just thinking outside the box.
  7. O

Using Tortoise remote mount driving two turnouts

I am wondering if anybody has tried to use the remote mount at the Tortoise location to drive one turnout direct off the mount its self and another using the cable assembly that comes with it. I know you would typically use two cable assemblies to do it however just thinking outside the box.
  8. O

The M-K & Eastern RR

How did you paint your clouds, freehand , stencil?
  9. O

Do You Work Alone on Your Layout, or Do You Have Friends Help in The Construction?

Check your local Chapters website for people in your area. That was my first contact to the group of guys i run with. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  10. O

Do You Work Alone on Your Layout, or Do You Have Friends Help in The Construction?

Go to your local NMRA Divsion meeting to find other modelers that may be interested in helping. Thats how i got to know a group of round robin guys that have operation nights that i attend. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  11. O

I too am building my layout without much help. I did get some help with painting the room I built for the layout. I enlisted the help of one of my model railroad friends to help me with the track plan as he has 50 years in operations and design. Not to mention planning software. I will say that...
  12. O

Radius SweepSticks

Sweepsticks are designed to sit on the ties in the center of the flex track and hold it in place while attaching the track to the sub roadbed. They keep the track radius concentric during the process. You can add easements by using a larger radius Sweepsticks on the ends. The other methods...
  13. O

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Awesome that your able to do a complete run. What a great feeling of accomplishment for you. Keep up the good work. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  14. O

LED Track Lighting

I suppose my terminology was incorrect . I have read about the differences however have no experience with either. Its because of the dral i got that determined the lighting route im going. Otherwise the tape light's would be the options. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  15. O

LED Track Lighting

Your link has an invalid URL. I am aware of the rope led light's however i would need a low hanging valance to use the effectively on my layout. I picked up all of the lighting shown in the room plus another 75 - 2 prong 12 vdc LEDS along with another 60' of track for 200 bucks. All came with...

Back