Recent content by OCN Guy

1. OCN Guy

Designing first layout, lots of questions!

Additionally, the sorting yard (or Hump yard) for your layout is where all the cars go. referring to the previous example, two of the cars are on track one, one is on another. There's eight other cars all jammed in. Think like this. Staging track one - 923, 155, 443, 161, 822, 823, 105...
  2. OCN Guy

Designing first layout, lots of questions!

Let me explain a little about sidings, just to help. Yes, they're to hold the train, often so another train can pass by. If you're just mesmerized by watching trains go round and round, your layout will be fine. But if you think there's a chance you'll get bored with that, then you're about...
  3. OCN Guy

Train Shows

Sadly, only one train show a year here. And the two biggest vendors are the LHS. I guess for me the big fun is seeing the local HO club's layout. I should join the N scale club, but don't have the time or money right now. They've got about 5 modules incomplete, last time I saw it.
  4. OCN Guy

Attaching Plaster Castings to Extruded Foam

add some plaster-cloth over the foam, then glue down. The plaster-cloth will insulate the foam from the heat of the glue gun.
  5. OCN Guy

New layout dreaming.

I prefer "A". I like how the layout plan leads you into the room like an exhibit. More "true" in that your eye would be focused on the scenes around you.
  6. OCN Guy

Background Flats You can use

very cool! Thank you.
  7. OCN Guy

Save money: Build your own Signals

A few years back, Ebay had some auctions from someone selling LED's 1000 for $15. Sadly, none of us went and spent $60 or so on it!:(
  8. OCN Guy

Lessons Learned

You know... it wouldn't take a lot to make those coffee cans into fuel tanks...:)
  9. OCN Guy

Triple track curved bridge: N scale

I agree. That's how I did mine. I'd also build it in small sections. alas, you may have to scratchbuild rather than kitbash, but you may be happier with the result.
  10. OCN Guy

Save money: Build your own Signals

Amen, Brother!
  11. OCN Guy

Son's train layout

That's really cool! If I ever finish my layout, the ceiling layout will be next...
  12. OCN Guy

Ladies & Gents... presenting the OC&N! (Maine division)

a lot of prototypes do follow streams, so it's a good idea. Scenery ideas of course would include a homemade footbridge at the narrowest point (give people a stream, and they always want to cross it!).
  13. OCN Guy

Free 1905 Logging Book

I downloaded it!
  14. OCN Guy

Free 1905 Logging Book

Thanks! That's going to be helpful!

Back