Recent content by OBTC 1909

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. OBTC 1909

Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Good morning all! 63 degrees heading for 89. Been a very busy last couple days so I'm looking forward to the weekend. Nothing big to report. I only managed a quick look here yesterday so I admit I didn't get a look at every post in the last couple day. Patrick: Good luck with the interview...
  2. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 72 and humid heading for 92 with a heat index of 102. Hoping to remain indoors during the hottest part of the day but we'll see. Some of the school higher ups coming today to do a walk through of the recently remodeled theater. I plan to tag along on that visit. Got a few...
  3. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 64 degrees with 87% humidity on the way to 95 hot degrees for the day. Glad we had better temps over the 3 day weekend. Had a very enjoyable weekend. Got some relaxation in, ate too much and sat on my butt a lot. During that sitting time I was getting my school work done. My...
  4. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! The hotter weather returns today after a nice weekend. Grilled out some cheeseburgers yesterday and they were quite tasty. Later we spent a little time in the garden and went for a country ride on the gravel in our side-by-side. All this talk of Culver's is making me hungry...
  5. OBTC 1909

Good morning all and Happy Father's Day to whom it applies. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here before the heat starts creeping back up on us starting tomorrow. Supposed to be back to triple digit heat and/or heat index in a couple days. No big plans for the day. May grill out some...
  6. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 68 and sunny headed for 80 and sunny. Nice to get a couple days break from the oppressive heat before it hits us again. Had a strong storm blow in yesterday morning with very heavy rain and wind. Our power flashed off and on once but that was it. One of the sister schools to...
  7. OBTC 1909

Ok, change that chance of a thunderstorm to full blown heavy wind and rain with hail.
  8. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 80 on the way to 89 with a chance of thunderstorms this morning. Would really be nice to get some rain. It appears the worst of the current heatwave is behind us. Have to go out to the range this morning and do my yearly qualification for my retired officers concealed carry...
  9. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 82 on the way to sunny and 95 here. Still under the heat advisory today. Supposed to start slowly trending downward the next few days. Hoping for rain, but no significant chance in forecast. Been pretty busy the last couple days at work. A contractor was supposed to be in...
  10. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 78 degrees already this morning on the way to yet another stifling hot day with another Excessive Heat Warning in effect. Supposed to get up to 98 with a heat index of 107. Not as bad as they're getting it in Spain now but hotter than I care to be just the same. Very busy day...
  11. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 72 with 100% humidity on the way to sunny and 99 degrees with expected heat index of 102. Gonna be miserable outside the next few days, maybe longer. Hoping to spend as much time indoors as possible. The electric company is putting out warnings that it may not be able to keep...
  12. OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 78, cloudy and very humid heading for 88 with a 50% chance of storms. Probably the last day we'll see below 90 for a while. The next few days are predicted to be 97, 99 and 98 respectively. I hate it being that hot but I'll still take it over Winter. Got an e-book version of...
  13. OBTC 1909

I was surprised by that too!
  14. OBTC 1909

Today I became a college student. 35 years after I quit college to join police department I decided to go back and finish. I never regretted joining the police department but I did regret never getting a degree. I found out today that I only needed four courses to get my degree from Lincoln...
  15. OBTC 1909

Willie mentioned that this was Les Paul's birthday. Here's a photo of my Les Paul in honor of the day.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.