Recent content by northman

1. N

GP40 lighting configuration questions

Well I pulled out my GP40 Phase 2 locos this week and investigated how I was going to add ditch lights. After having the locos mechanisms and bodies sitting on my bench for a few days I began to think more broadly about how the different lights operate on this loco, and to what extent I want to...
  2. N

Questions about renumbering Atlas HO Pulpwood cars

I am about to order several Atlas HO GSC Pulpwood Flat cars (Atlas product #1611-1) in BN. I wish to renumber each one of them to give them all different road numbers, something I have never attempted before, so it will be a bit of a challenge for me. My questions are.... Is there a decal set on...
  3. N

Coffee Shop XXV

Hi Jeffrey, The look on the guy's face would be priceless. You need to wire up a panel with a few random flashing LEDs, like the bridge of the Enterprise from the set of 60's episode of Star Trek :D Actually, Timex were not the inventor of the Sinclair range. The Sinclair range of computer...
  4. N

Coffee Shoppe XXIV

I had a watch like that a few years ago. Here you go, a bit of light reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_watch My father also owned a digital watch with a red LED display. Well good evening to you all. It feels like the middle of Winter over the last two days. We have snow on the...
  5. N

Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Andrew, them's fightin' words, mate :D:D. But I agree with your simple scale. I was brought up on both metric and imperial, but for all the faults the French have, the metric system does make sense, but we won't go there ;) Our highest temperature here was Summer 2009 (Feb 7th), where it...
  6. N

Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Hi all, Well this weekend I was planning to lay a concrete slab as the final major landscaping works in our backyard. It will measure approximately 3 x 4 metres. I boxed up all the formwork, laid the reo (I think you guys in the States call it re-bar?), and bought all the cement, sand and...
  7. N

Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Well, I thought I'd chime in here and say G'day to you all. Reading the previous posts it sounds like most of you are up for some milder weather as you head into the colder months. But I would imagine, as we are now in spring with summer not far around the corner, Autumn days can be perfect...
  8. N

DCC and perhaps sound in an MP15DC HO Switcher.

The pride of my loco fleet my Atlas Silver Series BN HO MP15DC switcher. I have never ran it on DC and only taken it out of the box for display only, as I do not yet have a layout, but I'm getting impatient. I thought it was time to consider a installing my first DCC decoder into it, and I...
  9. N

Another new member (from Down Under)

Another new member It has taken a several months but today I finally decided to join up as a member of MRR Forums. I've had a passing interest in model railroads for many years, but I've mainly been a collector of locos and rollingstock as I have never had the space for a layout. My...

Back