Recent content by NevinW

1. N

Weekend Photo Fun 3/24-3/26

Addition to the FM&P I don't have a photo, but a Cadrail design to show. I have been designing my Morgantown and Kingwood RR addition to my Fairmont, Morgantown and Pittsburgh division of the B&O. It is to go into my furnace romm next to the main model railroad room. The M&K was a separate...
  2. N

The problem with Branchline Blueprint kits

I just spent the last few days putting together a Branchline Blueprint kit of a pre-war 40' reefer. It is a wonderful kit and builds into a great model. I really enjoyed building it. The problem is the same problem with many of the newer kits with very fine detail. The detail is so fragile...
  3. N

Introducing myself

B&O Mikado waits in Morgantown yard Here is another photo. The buildings behind the train are the wharf district warehouses. The buildings are now restaurants and law offices and the track is a railtrail. I am thinking about adding a turntable here as I have found old maps that suggest there...
  4. N

Introducing myself

B&O FT passes through downtown Morgantown Attached is a photo that I took this evening of a FT that has just passed the depot in Morgantown. Hopefully this has worked out ok. - Nevin
  5. N

Introducing myself

I just joined this forum and I wanted to introduce myself. I have been an active modeler for over 30 years. I currently model in HO but have also done N, HOn3, Sn3 and On30. My favorite RR's include the V&T, C&C, T&T, UP, B&O and WM. My current layout is a depicts Morgantown West Virginia on...

Back