Recent content by Ned Torbin

1. N

Taking my Time & Exploring Layout Ideas while Playing w/ SCARM

That's an interesting and helpful point. Maybe I can make this something of a scrapyard, or something involving tankers and not so much a large obstruction?
  2. N

I'll have to do a lift out of sorts because I use a wheelchair to get around. So therefore I'll have to make the level of the track at a height that I can see from a seated position, which as a result will not let me duck under. Thankfully there were a few earlier posts (last year) in this...
  3. N

Hi everyone, So last summer I finally got the room in order that I plan to explore a layout with. Occasionally I've been making tweaks after making observations from other peoples layouts seen on here as well as other resources. I think I'm getting close to some thing that might be really cool...
  4. N

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Such beautiful work, and great to see it in action through your video. I enjoyed following the progression from the contemplation of the track plan, to the steps along the way... this video serves as a nice reference in building a project from start to finish. Wait, did I say the f-word???? I...
  5. N

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Coming into this thread is like watching a really nice plant grow! Not to mention I'm learning stuff :)
  6. N

Software Keeping Track of Stock?

Thanks a lot guys, always good to build off of all your experiences. I will definitely apply these suggestions mentioned here and keep referring back!
  7. N

Software Keeping Track of Stock?

Hi everyone, I've taken delivery of a few items and also pre-ordered things. I realized the potential for the difficulty of keeping track of everything, and the easy mistake that can be made in ordering some thing you already pre-ordered or took delivery of. I started putting together a...
  8. N

@trailrider I have read in several areas of this site and other sources of the mix between setting the height so you can get it close to I level versus keeping it low enough so you don't hurt your arms and shoulders when reaching over the layout to do work on it. I'll have to double check one of...
  9. N

Hi Trailrider, yes this issue has been mentioned by other folks here within this thread. I do plan to use some sort of a lift off bridge. One thing I haven't bothered to share with the detail that I use a wheelchair to get around, so getting this at the right height to enjoy from a seated...
  10. N

Hi MOWboss, this is something I know I have to learn more about, but I'll have to dig further to even see where to begin. In watching several operations videos that involve railroad clubs and multiple members, and I noticed they use cards with the details of the various cars, what appears to be...
  11. N

Hi Kleiner, thanks for the questions and input! As far as track, I was thinking Pico code 83 flex, and Pico #6 turnouts. I haven't gone as far as pricing things out or checking availability yet. So the outer north loop was from the original two track concept. Even in the one track layout...
  12. N

Hi @kleiner , thanks for sharing the hinge information, and thanks for checking out this thread. I've been following your thread quite closely, and as you might recognize, some aspects of my potential industry areas were inspired by the track plans you have been exploring along with pictures and...
  13. N

Googles gauntlet track, sees intriguing results: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_track & THIS... then ponders question - does anyone make one in HO or are these only hand built?
  14. N

Hi everyone, so I did some more experimenting with my potential use of space. The first plan in this thread was my evolving two-track layout. However, I made some adjustments to see how it might be with a single track, which is the second picture. I figured a single track might be most...
  15. N

Caboose Types & Eras?

Interesting stuff... I wonder how the guys that worked during & after use of cabooses felt about their departure.

Back