Recent content by Necrosaro420

1. N

Terminal Strip Question?

Those were kinda expensive lol. So heres how I ended up doing it, I havent tested but should work This is just to power the track. Every other one will be positive/negative.
  2. N

Terminal Strip Question?

Ok I went out and bought a terminal strip/barrier strip. It is a dual row, but it appears that the left/right side, in each section is connected together, making 8 different sections. What are the ones called that has a row of 8 (just using that as an example) where I can put a power wire...
  3. N

Covering Track Nails?

What would you all suggest using to cover up track nails with? I tried using several different caulkings etc, and it really made the rolling stock pretty loud when they were rolling, I found track nails to make it alot quieter. So looking for ways/ideas to cover them up. I have brown ties but...
  4. N

Rolling Stock is really noisy after gluing track down.

Ok its still rather loud, but not quite as loud as the power grab was. What I have is a 4x8 MDF board. And my track I have it raised up off the MDF about 5 inches, onto cutout MDF board to make road for the track to lay on.
  5. N

Welp I am trying the caulking on foam. Lets see how that goes when its all dried up tomorrow.
  6. N

Ok ill try that. How good does it stick once you lay it down? The power grab as soon as I put it down, I was able to move it and basically stayed in place how I wanted it. Also on top of the foam roadbed (this is my first layout, so wasnt sure how to do it) I just put a thin layer over...
  7. N

Is there a better alternative?
  8. N

I glued part of my track down over the weekend and today I put some rolling stock on it and pushed it back and forth and now it is REALLY noisy on the glued back. It also has a foam roadbed. Any ideas?
  9. N

Balasting track - before or after the track is layed?

Couldnt find alot of good info on google so im gonna ask here. After I lay my roadbed, should I ballast it before, or after I lay the track down?
  10. N

How to tell the era of rolling stock?

Would it be a 4 digit code like 05/43 or something like that? Also is there any words or anything usually in front of it? Also would it contain the / ?? Thanks!
  11. N

How to tell the era of rolling stock?

How can you tell which era or year that rolling stock was in use by looking at it?
  12. N

Laying foam roadbed on curves question

I have a question in regards to laying foam roadbed. I was testing and laying some down around a curve. I notice that on the curve it can start to "bunch up" and kind of make a pinch stick up in the corners (hope that makes sense) Is there a way to stop this from happening?
  13. N

Power Pack to wire up switches?

Is there a certain amperage etc? I seen some 20 and 30 on ebay. Just using it to power lights and turnout switch machines
  14. N

Power Pack to wire up switches?

Sounds good thanks. Is there any type of "power block" or something that I can run one set of wires directly to the power pack and then run sets of wires off the block to the switches? If so, what are those called, been looking and on ebay and cant find anything

Back