Recent content by Myowngod

1. M

New York and Long Branch in HO

I'll be seeing you on the 26th. I've been looking forward to that weekend for months.
  2. M

Starting the new layout!

First of all, welcome back into this amazing hobby. Enjoy your trip on the rails. If you are familiar with the Xtrack cad program, I can send you the file. It will save you a ton if work. Then you can just tweak it to fit your likes and space. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

New Dual Gauge Layout Design. HO/HOn3

I have completely changed my plan for the transfer yard -Gasko Yard. I have taken advice from other people in forums, and also got some inspiration from a plan from "Model Railroad Planner 2011". I saw the Stockton & Copperoplis RR, specifically the Holden transfer yard. I saw what I have...
  4. M

That landmass is as hilly as the Jersey shore gets. :) Everything is looking great. I love following this post.
  5. M

Starting the new layout!

I wish I had more time to get down to my Dad's house. It's been quite a long time since I did any work on our layout. I have started a new layout in my own basement. Here's a couple links discussing the design. LINK1 LINK2 Sounds like I have a few fans looking for more updates. Thanks...
  6. M

I was thinking of running dual to the turntable. Thanks for persuading me.:D
  7. M

Color coded full plan
  8. M

Here's a color coded plan RED = Standard HO BLUE = Narrow HOn3 Purple = Dual HO/HOn3 Not sure about the separate track idea. I would like a run around for each gauge, which is represented by the PURPLE track. I really don't have the room to have 2 run around in this area. Plus...
  9. M

I started working on a dual guage HO/HOn3 layout. I'm still having trouble designing a yard that both Gauge tracks meet at. A transfer yard I imagine. I have attached a file that has the basic feel that I'm going for. I don't want this ti end up a HUGE yard with all 10 commandments of yard...
  10. M

Good news all around but give me your thoughts.

Maybe I should join this conversation... That plan look vaguely familiar. I really like the walk-in design Stein came up with. I wish I had that option in our space. It looks like it would work out great. The original design does have some reach issues. But that is what you can expect...
  11. M

Walther's Wooden Coaling Tower

That's great you finished the tower. I would love to see pictures of your version. Thanks for sharing Ron
  12. M

Starting the new layout!

Here's a link to a thread when I first started planning the layout. It mentions the book I modified the plan from. JOHN ARMSTRONG
  13. M

The layout is looking great. I am about to start a double deck layout, and I was wondering what your spacing was between the 2 decks? From track to track, and the depth of your upper level fascia. Thanks
  14. M

Planning a logging/coal layout.

Here's a quick video showing the new layout room... still in the works. Also I describe the walk-in track plan I showed above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kNLN1DBDgk
  15. M

Planning a logging/coal layout.

Nothing. It's still there... 2hrs away from me at my Dad's house. This new 1 is in MY basement. It's a totally different direction though. Dual HO/HOn3, 2 decks, craftsman kits, older steam and geared engines lot's of scenery...

Back