Recent content by msherbak11

1. msherbak11

Deployed to Iraq but still modeling

By the way - thanks for all the words of support and appreciation. There are really good things happening over here and slowly but surely things are getting better for the Iraqi people. for more info see www.rebuilding-iraq.net I manage the Oil industry infrastructure rebuilding program -...
  2. msherbak11

Hello all - quick update from beautiful? downtown Baghdad Work continues on additional projects at the Baghdad backshop. Progress photos on the shorty tank cars and now several BAR woodchip hoppers kitbashed from 40' boxcars. Also have a number of covered hoppers in the detail shop for new...
  3. msherbak11

Atlas RS-11 Detailing question

RS-11 Detailing I have completed the fan installation on the Atlas RS-11 Added a photo of the components. The other photos were too big see them at: http://mike-sherbak.fotopic.net/c779499.html Mike Sherbak Baghdad
  4. msherbak11

Eraser fun part deux ( dial up warning )

Has anyone ever used ground cinnamon as a base material for simulating rust ? I brought some back to Baghdad from home to try out on a couple of cars I am working on here in the IZ. The BN Boxcar looks great ! What did you use to gunk up the trucks? Mike S
  5. msherbak11

Atlas RS-11 Detailing question

Superdetailing a couple of Atlas KATO RS-11's What size radiator screen is needed to replace the plastic? 57" or 64" ? There are 2 sizes offered by Detail Associates. Any other suggestions to detail the radiator screens? Mike Sherbak Back in Baghdad
  6. msherbak11

Superdetailing RS11's

Superdetailing a couple of RS-11's What size radiator screen is needed to replace the plastic? 57" or 64" there are two offered by detail associates. Any other suggestions? Mike Sherbak Back in Bgahdad
  7. msherbak11

All I want for Christmas is my two...

1) For a manufacturer to come out with a new HO Scale Harvest Gold Maine Central U18B - I'd like 10 of them numbered from 400 to 409 ! 2) For the holidays to be safe and peaceful for all the soldiers, airman and sailors here with me in Iraq.
  8. msherbak11

Brought a few kits with me. Started with a Shorty tank car. A work in progress. still needs weathering and a few detail components - train air hoses, coupler cut levers, end decals - this photos I just added some etched brass grating to the end and took a comparison photo - what a difference ...

Back