Recent content by MPCRR

1. M

traction problems, slippery rails

Turn the sanders on. When the sand hits the rails, you'll get better traction. :cool: I used to have that problem, and I took a small engine (a SW1500 is the smallest I got), hooked two track cleaners on it, one in front, one behind, and let it run the main. After a few laps, the problem...
  2. M

Calling all Husky Stack Gurus

On these two units I have, there is only the LD LMT, no LT WT. That is why I asked. IN teh prototype ones I looked at as well, it was all Load Limit. RexHea, I use a prototype switch list that I got off a shortline in Oregon, the Central Oregon & Pacific (CORP). It lists the total length and...
  3. M

Thanks Jim. The guess is more than enough.
  4. M

I have a switching system that requires either the Load Limit or the Light Weight of a car, and on all my Husky Stack cars, there is only a Load Limit on them. Anyone know the Light Weight on the 48' and 53' Husky Stacks? Thanks in advance
  5. M

Dull coat

Ill have to look more into that. With the weathering powders, dull coat wont make them disappear?
  6. M

Dull coat

I have been doing some weathering recently, and when I first apply the chalk, it looks great. I then head to the paintbooth, and spay a light mist of Dull Coat (or whatever its called now) on the model, and most of the lighter colors disapear, while black, rust, and dirt say in place. What...
  7. M

My latest weathering projects. (Eight photos)

Very nice job on the weathering.
  8. M

Amcrash passenger trains on tehachapi loop?

I have been there, and it is some of the best railfanning (in my opinion) in California. Watching trains loop themself, screaming along in notch 8, moving 5-10 mph. Unless you hit the maintenace window...5 hours of watching, 3 trains...one hi-railer truck...and one GP38-2 pulling two empty...
  9. M

Thanks for everyones imput. Jim, I was looking into the San Joaquin. I have to ride to bakersfield on my way home from Oregon. Thats why I was asking. I have a friend who models the loop in HO scale (pictures on the way), and he was running three different trains through it, saying that they...
  10. M

I'm planning a rail trip from Arizona to Oregon, and was wondering if there are any Amtrak Passenger trains that run through tehachapi loop, or only on the coast. All of the name trains I've looked at run on the coast, but didn't know about local stuff. While we are on that topic, has there...
  11. M

Scratch your furniture

Still underage, so just a water for me. It looks great Chip. I tried doing this to some of my models, but they didnt turn out very well. Keep up the good work!
  12. M

Locomotive history info?

Thanks for the update jbaakko. forgot the entire SW family.
  13. M

Locomotive history info?

Wasn't the GP40 based off the GP38-2, just boosed up in horsepower? The 0-6-0 was almost every major railroads yard switcher. They were used in anything from small to medium yards, used until replaced with the SW1500. F7 I dont know as much about, just that it is based off the F3, given...
  14. M

cat litter as ballast? Sounds crazy but....

4. If you happen to own a cat...your layout might not work in the morning. 5. It might work.
  15. M

People with alot of time of their hands.

very...interresting. Glad some people have time.

Back