Recent content by modelmaker

1. modelmaker

Golden White LEDs

Don't forget to get diodes for your leds (to protect them from reverse voltage). Just about any small ones will do.
  2. modelmaker

model R.R. poll

I hate polls!
  3. modelmaker

Nubie question

I don't get it! Why are you painting the cork roadbed? Won't it be covered up by ballast? I just don't see the benefit and I've laid 1000s of feet of cork roadbed and track. Just curious. Jay.
  4. modelmaker

Railroad Poll

I'm the third D&H fan here! The Bridge Line Rules! I model the 70's to early 80's era, just prior to the Guilford takeover (eech!). Mohawk Yard (Albany,NY) to Rouses Point, NY (just south of the Canadian border). I also interchange with the Vermont Railway (VTR)
  5. modelmaker

The paint thread

If you value your health, do not use ANY paint in a spray can in an unventilated room. In addition to being poison, the gases are also flammable and shouldn't be used near any open flame such as a furnace or gas water heater, (unless you want to redecorate your house). Lacquer-based...
  6. modelmaker

My latest project

Yes, I do take on private clients as time permits.
  7. modelmaker

My latest project

I'm trying out the 'thumbnails', so here's a shot of an ALCo RS-11 Lo-nose I finished a few weeks ago, (for some how I did it photos goto: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1440312). I milled out the fuel tank of this older Atlas unit to fit a speaker.
  8. modelmaker

My latest project

It belongs to a friend and it's a Guilford ( :eek: puke! :D ) renumber of a D&H "blue dip", (Athearn BB, remotored, rewheeled, constant lighting & awaiting more details; shields, grabs and all the pilot stuff).
  9. modelmaker

My latest project

What's Your Latest Project? My latest project is nearing completion: Edit:I couldn't fill in any details on the RS-3ms earlier as my RF keyboard's batteries died, Now that I'm in the shop at the desktop here's the poop on them: Original Atlas/Kato ALCo RS-3s converted to MK RS-3m...
  10. modelmaker

Easy Boiler House

Looks Great!
  11. modelmaker

Show Your Face

Here's me doin' what I love:
  12. modelmaker

Modern-day SPSF

Here's a "what if" I did for a friend a couple of years ago:
  13. modelmaker

The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

I'd like a mug of tea - English Breakfast if you please and strong! My Delaware & Hudson Adirondack Branch got invaded by a giant rodent, It looked like a chipmonk on steroids and it was being chased by an even bigger black panther I finally caught it with fishing net and release it...
  14. modelmaker

MR Forum-Goers' Roll Call

Same username (without the "51"). I had intended to join here as well anyway.

Back