Recent content by Model Train Structures

1. Model Train Structures

Cool Florescent light effect

Great idea! D.A.
  2. Model Train Structures

Little Tavern Hamburger Shop (N Scale)

I'll take my order to go! Great job on the building; thanks for sharing. D.A.
  3. Model Train Structures

MONTHLY-Photo-Fun!-Sept '16

Cool pasture Ray! D.A.
  4. Model Train Structures

Nice Chet! D.A.
  5. Model Train Structures

Ray & Chet, both of your photos look real; very nice! I scratch built a Chimney Sweep building . . ..I added a bit of humor with the name. Thanks for looking, D.A.
  6. Model Train Structures

Nothing Lasts Forever... What have you got that derelict?

Thanks for the compliment! And there's no need for you to say you don't have the talent because I've seen your Whistle Stop RR, complete with bar. :) D.A.
  7. Model Train Structures

Yes, basically that is correct in that I have to construct the building as if I'm making a new barn or a new house, then I harshly weather the wood siding, roof, etc. Then I 'cut-out' (tear apart) certain areas to represent rotting and deterioration, but there are exceptions. For example, if...
  8. Model Train Structures

Thanks for the kind words on my abandoned barn. Yes, I built it, then I tore it apart. I've done several houses the same way, which is build, then destroy. I'll see if I can round up some photos of the houses. D.A.
  9. Model Train Structures

Here's an old abandoned wooden barn I built. Thanks for looking, D.A.
  10. Model Train Structures

Mitch's N Scale

Mitch, Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your job. The art of distraction is a wonderful thing, and I think we all know how model trains can keep us busy for hours. My positive thoughts and prayers are with you, and I look forward to seeing your layout progress. Regards, D.A.
  11. Model Train Structures

MONTHLY Photo fun! June 2016

Corey, I think PaPa has a little stomach ache from eating too much watermelon or maybe it was the homemade apple brandy. LOL D.A.
  12. Model Train Structures

MONTHLY Photo fun! June 2016

Hey y'all, I'm glad to be back from gallbladder surgery and some other medical stuff. KB02 & Torsion: Nice weathering. Les: Welcome back. Willie: Nice downtown & rural scene. Rico: I've always liked the abandoned buildings. Chet: You always have nice scenes. Dave: Great night shot. RBAMFan...
  13. Model Train Structures

Mitch's N Scale

Very nice; thanks for sharing. D.A.
  14. Model Train Structures

Weekly Photo Fun 3/20 through 3/27

There are some really nice looking cabooses; thanks to all who posted. D.A.
  15. Model Train Structures

The uprooted tree is a great idea, and enjoyed seeing the other idea. This old Texaco truck has seen better days, and I would have expected to see some old, rusted oil cans lying around it. Thanks for looking, D.A.

Back