Recent content by Mike Shrode

1. M

Turnout # vs curve radius

I know there is no such thing as a dumb question. Hopefully not anyway. I've recently joined NMRA and will probably get many of these answers with their standards info. Do the turn-out #'s have a direct relation to curve radius.i.e.. #6 turnout = 24' radius curve? And where would I find these...
  2. M

20 years later, and a few days...

Thanks Haweye. The Switch Works looks like a nice product. I've also found Fast Tracks http://www.handlaidtrack.com/index.php They have a jig that allow you to use all Micro Engineering rail. No plastic parts. Also, when you finish with their supplied tie kit parts,and PC board ties, they could...
  3. M

20 years later, and a few days...

Still hard at the dicission phase. Have decided to model HO as apposed to HOn3 as a result of product avaliabilty,among other reasons, and will still be able to model early mountain railroading. Plus my dad has some HO cars and a switcher he built from kits over 50 years ago. This stuff came out...
  4. M

20 years later...

Thanks a ton! Again ...Thanks for all the great advice and support...Will probably go with HOn3, and model early 1920's. Am ordering some parts and pieces to play around with. Some ties, spikes, rail, 70 and 55? and switch pieces and templets. Looking forward to getting started. Like I said in...
  5. M

20 years later...

Thanks... Thanks for the quick response...Looking forward to your forum as an added aspect to enjoy our hobby...Later...M
  6. M

20 years later...

Recently dug out my old (and wore-out) copy of Model railroading with John Allen. I put together a couple of layouts 20 years ago. Started family...The rest is self explanatory. I am really complelled to do some modeling...Not as yet interested in empire building, but some scrach building, hand...

Back