Recent content by Midnught Special

1. Midnught Special

post your model RR tips........

take your projects one at a time and go slow with them, if you rush you will make mistakes and miss things...found that one out after I took a picture of my Hall class and found I flipped the drive rods around so the steam piston was on the wrong side...:( wasn't too thrilled after spending 10...
  2. Midnught Special

Got my new DCC system today (finally!!!)

be warned the Bachmann (AKA Botchmann) EZ command is a very basic controller and may not last as long as a high end (more money) DCC command station like the Digitrax Zephyer or NCE powercab systems...other then that welcome to the wonderful world of DCC :D
  3. Midnught Special

Station with sound

Thats an idea there, I may try it that way, I may cut small holes in the roof for the sound to come out, haven't decided on exactly how I want to do that, but ehh, its a challenge that im up for :D
  4. Midnught Special

intermountain es44dc (gevo) or a athearn gp38-2w

for me, I don't have any IM locos (yet) but as for Atlas and Athearn (had both) I like both as well, as for details I don't notice too much difference between the two in question brand wise, however sound quality is what I mostly go for, and I have had good luck with Atlas, Athearn and a few...
  5. Midnught Special

shopgoodwill site

not really sure, I rarely see trains at Good will (if thats who this is) but any trains I would get from there, if any I would most likely use as some sort of back shop or scrap line locos, or similar display units, although if it looked good enough it might be one I would use in a park as a...
  6. Midnught Special

DCC concerns

ok, I will give it a try, i am resetting all values to default as I know (and figured) out where the throttle limiter is located so I may try that, but that seems to be only good for when your using DCC and not DC mode, and I want to try and figure out a way to limit the speed in both DC and DCC...
  7. Midnught Special

knuckle coupling

get the NMRA heigh gauge for couplers and then use that to help you figure out how high you need them to sit...
  8. Midnught Special

The Little Six that could...

well if I sen't you the little six could you install a DCC decoder in it possibly? and maybe find the slide rod?
  9. Midnught Special

those are predamage photos just so you know, I really just need the rod and valve sand slider bit resaly, I figure since the wheels are still good I will try to reuse them if possible...
  10. Midnught Special

Station with sound

well then Ill just go with a stationary decoder or something like that and then program what I want and see about using that...MUWHAHA I am determined to make this a successful project some how...
  11. Midnught Special

DCC concerns

Ok I just got one of my cheap locos fitted with DCC, and before anyone says any thing about "spending more on the DCC then the locos are worth" please leave that out of the thread ;) anyways I got the Queen Elizabeth fitted with a DN163 (thats what the paper says) how ever when running it on my...
  12. Midnught Special

ok will they have completed (assembled sets) sets that I could order and have shipped out or is it get what you need and assemble? I don't have many tools so not sure what i would need to use... Thanks for the links I will check them out asap :)
  13. Midnught Special

Ok as some know I am working on a little Six engine which I kinda fallen in love with (ironic) and I am going to repaint it either a nice black or try in my Road colours... now here where I need help with I am working on getting the motor working again which as far as I can tell I am...
  14. Midnught Special

grr dont you just hate when this happens....

ok based on your thread here is a check list of what to look at/go through based on all that I have read... clean the track clean the innards of the loco(s) in question check that the decoder(s)* are not set to ignore DC mode/opperation give the worm and gear(s) a light grease job give...
  15. Midnught Special

articulated madness !!!

if your local store where its at has a layaway plan thing you could use that....pay it off a little at a time so the CFO of your family doesn't see it.....just saying....not like i am telling you to hide it....:rolleyes: hehe :D

Back