Recent content by MetzgerTrains

1. MetzgerTrains

G-Scale Questions? Ask Them Here

if you use clamps you save lots of time and hassle compared to soldering the rails, also, in the future the tracks come apart if you need to modify or change or sell the tracks. also, track expansion can still work with a variable length piece of sectional track positioned in various places...
  2. MetzgerTrains

rail clamps are worth the extra expense! I had never known how much rail clamps improve your train layout until i purchased a bulk pack and removed my LGB rail joiners and replaced them with the rail clamps....I have always found the LGB rail joiners the best rail joiner of all track systems I...
  3. MetzgerTrains

g scale indoors and outdoors some items to address the above questions: 1) starter set power supplies are made to run the train in the box only, don't expect them to power a two-motor engine (like a six axle diesel). but, it doesn't mean you must shell out hundreds every year to get the...
  4. MetzgerTrains

Power to the Tracks Question

mrc 6200 the 6200 says "60va" but you really only get about half of that to the train. the other 30 va goes to the AC accessories. this pack was always tooted by ads as a 3amp supply but really for DC output only about 1.5 amp. also, the old school mrc packs (like this one) vary in output in...
  5. MetzgerTrains

Finally Running my Train!

very cool, aren't them aristo low side gons awesome quality and price!
  6. MetzgerTrains

Classic Lehmann LGB G scale!

I'm back here gang, and to stay! Since 2008 I have a Blog devoted to Classic Lehmann ! Take a look at my easy-to-navigate LGB Carpet Railway and tips and reference page! Click on my Signature below! Happy 2011! Tom P. Metzger
  7. MetzgerTrains

My HO layout

very impressive! very nice way of raising the grade. you have excellent crafting skills. although wow that is steep! but this could come in handy...longer trains going up hill will need a "helper" engine on the point or on the rear for the journey. thus it would be wise to create a...
  8. MetzgerTrains

All about LGB Lehmann Big Trains...

I would like you guys to comment on my G Scale Carpet Railway...take a look at my studio CAD drawing...click on my signature link! I also love HO scale trains, I have a modest collection of US and European stuff. If you want tips and photos and reference for classic Lehmann trains in G...
  9. MetzgerTrains

Howdy! Good to be back! I love Trains!

Howdy gang, This forum was awesome....I apologize for not visiting since 2008! Well, I'm back, and the gracious forum hosts didn't even delete my old membership stuff! THANK YOU ALL for providing an awesome Model Railroad site for the world! you will be seeing more of me from now...
  10. MetzgerTrains

Did Lionel buy K-Line?

anyone know the answer? i cant keep up with all the lionel history! i am really looking forward to getting a nice lionel set this january and notice the ads. also, did k-line make only 1/48 scale trains after a certain period? i notice lionel has 1/48 trains and really wonder where the...
  11. MetzgerTrains

Lionel 248

i like it as it is
  12. MetzgerTrains

Which would you choose for a starter set?

Lionel starter sets and Atlas O scale sets are very nice values--at least SOME are. You really must get a catalog and look at all that is available if you want a really GOOD starter set. And you get what you pay for --$400 starter sets from Lionel are excellent and have many features with...
  13. MetzgerTrains

Newbie help

LGB train Did you get your LGB train working? The other member had the right advice--a local hobby shop could tell you if its either the pack or the engine, and they should do this free of charge. If you don't have a local shop, my guess buying an inexpensive power pack could be your answer...
  14. MetzgerTrains

Ballasting Unitrack

Kato does make ballast for the Unitrack.
  15. MetzgerTrains

FP45's (Athearn, brass O)

Hey gang, I went to The Original Whistle Stop in Pasadena, CALIF. recently. Hadn't been there in years. A very worthwhile stop for you if visiting the area. They have lots of brass engines...my fav was a O Scale FP45 in Santa Fe warbonnet. Fully cowled diesel behemoth...what a beauty...

Back