Recent content by mburn16

1. M

Anyone want a project? layout design.

hmm. Ok then. Looks good, by the way.
  2. M

is there a XTrkCad version of that layout?
  3. M

Station look

Well, before the Amtrak takeover (and even after), there really is no description of what a "standard" train station would look like in the U.S. Because of the many different railroad companies operating, and the differences in size, traffic capacity, and local arcitecture, there is no true...
  4. M

whoops! leave it to me to leave out the most important detail. Its HO scale. sorry!
  5. M

Hey guys, thanks again for the help. Just out of curiosity, which of you is working on something? Not to rush you, just wondering who I can expect replies from.
  6. M

- Sorry, I didn't mean to leave so many unanswered questions. I would prefer to have the tains run constantly, which would mean a loop-to-loop setup, but I don't want the appearance of a train chasing its own tail, and that is the more important thing. If I can't have both, I don't want to...
  7. M

lol. by "no door", I mean that there is no swinging door that requires room to open. Its a basement room that has, essentially, 3 1/2 walls - with half of one wall and open area to get into/out of the room. Thanks again for your help guys!
  8. M

Well, I have tried to design my own layout - with little success. Now, I'm wondering if anyone on here wants to take a shot at it. The room is 10' x 16', with no doors, windows, pipes, etc. to worry about. even if you only want to design a section, that would be a big help for me. thanks!
  9. M

Horizon Fleet/Superliner Question

For any of you who model Amtrak and/or other passenger lines. I'm planning on running some Amtrak cars on my layout, and I am not so sure abour the radius of the curves. From what I have read, Walthers advises modelers to use a minimum of 24" radius when running the Horizon and Superliner...
  10. M

Comments & Advice Please

Maybe I've been a little too sparse on details. The scale is HO, and the era that I'm [trying] to model is modern, 90's-present. I am trying to come up with a layout that allows me to model both freight and passenger (though I'm not looking for extremely detailed passenger opperations). The...
  11. M

Comments & Advice Please

Spacemouse - I did read the guide, which was a help. I really had no idea what staging was before I read it. As for mistakes, no have not made any yet. I have a few cars (amtrak, Burlington Northern), but, other than that, it is all pretty much on paper at this point. thanks again for the...
  12. M

Comments & Advice Please

you beat me to the punch, I though about it, and decided to make some changes. Firstly, I should tell you that the room is not 12' x 16'-10", its 10' x 16'-10". I've also decided to change the table size to allow access to the full thing and have less wasted space. The problem is, I now have...
  13. M

Comments & Advice Please

Yeah, sorry, the room is a 12' x 16'-10" room with no wall on one side. I made a quick sketch below, hope it helps.:
  14. M

Comments & Advice Please

Hello everyone, Below is a link to a tentative design for my first layout. Short of a flat, 4x8 sheet of plywood, we have never really attempted anything. But, with our new trainroom nearing completion (actually its a large basement room that we finally got to cleaning up:) ), we have finally...
  15. M

An odd question

does anyone know if the Talgo cars are still in production?

Back