Recent content by MarkVIIIMarc

1. M

What is happening to the Forums?

Not that I ever posted a ton, but I have packed up my HO stuff planning on a move in the next year. I was just on wondering if I could get some Z scale equipment. Maybe keep the HO for modeling and real work and try to dabble in Z to have something to run even if I can't tinker with it as much.
  2. M

Ever heard of T gauge?

We could all have a T scale train running around our computer monitors as we type this. Or maybe the computer desks where our monitors used to go before we replaced them with tablets. ....... No I want one for my upstairs!
  3. M

Amazing Android App!!!

Omg. I have a level on my phone and never thought about that. Thanks for posting.
  4. M

WWII Train Derailing Experiments

Huh. I thought you could have continous rail on cruddy roadbed and still derail a train.
  5. M

Intermodal Containers

Don't forget the somewhat rare "bulktainer" tanks. I think they are 20 footers. You can also placard regular containers. Nothing like having some liquid oozing out of a container of mixed freight and calling shippers for fun. ;)
  6. M

photobucket vs. flickr

I have loved photobucket for almost a decade now. The new version is too complicated. Thank goodness my cell app is untouched as of yet. Flickr for free limits how many pjcs I could have too much. Or at least did last time I paid attention to it. Hopefully PB comes around and realizes...
  7. M

Editable train drawing program?

For the more custom aspects you can use the excellent and FREE Paint.net and GIMP photo editors. Google sketchup is free and does 3d but I imagine there has to be better.
  8. M

Traction wheel rubbers

I would guess ebay or walthers or hobbylinc would all be fine. When I needed traction tires for a tyco I was new to things. My local hobby shop hooked me up with the correct size for my diesel. It would probably be a chance to get in and out of the lhs for less than $10 and see if they are...
  9. M

thoughts on how to spend 300 dollars.

On my snap switch heavy 18" curve track the four axle tycos are more reliable than my two six axle good locomotives. After I run the 4's a bit I run the 6's and they're ok but not great.
  10. M

Bringing my Tyco stuff into t 21st century

I have used a grinder to remove the coupler housing from most of my tyco stock and glued on the big housing piece you get with Kadee whisker couplers to the underside of the body of the railcar itself. From there it is easy to install Kadee's whisker couplers. They have long, medium and short...
  11. M

Wierd Question

If you can find a chassis that will do a 3D printing company like shapeways could build a shell if you design it or have it designed. I have done BASIC work there and the WSF material made up two wellcars in the middle of a 25 railcar train I ran last night. No room for additional framing...
  12. M

Intermodal Parts???

Nice haul! All about being in the right place. Good hunting!
  13. M

That one item you have always been after

A "selectively compressed" ho well car and to scale containers that looked and ran good on 18" curves. I have taken the miter saw to some and 3d designed some with decent results but man, if only tyco would come back and make one.
  14. M

3D Printing coming to Staples.

Michael, I would think building size objects would be expensive. My thoughts would be to find a correct size building and accessorize it with Shapeways objects. I see even mini Keanu Reeves' on there so people, animals, benches, all that would work if its the right scale or you design it...
  15. M

3D Printing coming to Staples.

It is interesting. Maybe the wave of the future. No tooling cost but slow production I imagine. A friend and myself have ordered a few dozen 1:1800 WWII warships for a miniatures game. http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/forum65.php some of them things are absolute works of art. I have...

Back