Recent content by mantua mike

1. mantua mike

Your other interests...

Losing them really stinks after all the time spent to build them.One of my old Guillows mustangs. Not sure why 4 times though.Can't forget the wife on other interests post.
  2. mantua mike

Your other interests...

I love those size planes. I was an avid Guillows builder back in the day. I scratch build most of my planes off of borrowed plans or vintage kit plans. I probably have 60 lbs. of balsa wood all shapes and sizes. No foam or factory built planes for me.
  3. mantua mike

Your other interests...

Cool thread Tony. I've been quiet lately because it's been R.C. plane season here in N.E Ohio. Just trying to keep my sons interested in something besides girls . Losing by a landslide though. They're all getting to that age, so I am enjoying it while I can. I'm in the middle of a couple of...
  4. mantua mike

When reality hits home.

I'm gonna jump in a little late here Tony. I loaded myself up with soooo many projects that my hobby became a chore. I decided to put it down for awhile. I put all my projects in boxes and labeled them with some semblance of order. 2 of my boys are into RC planes and 'tis the season here in N.E...
  5. mantua mike

QZ's ....

Possibly oddly I lived very close to the tracks for years. I had trains running all night at regular intervals. About 3 years ago I moved about 3/4's of a mile further from the tracks. I had trouble sleeping until I realized if I opened my bedroom window I could still hear my trains. My woman...
  6. mantua mike

post war Lionel 2025, No reverse?

Perfect, Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
  7. mantua mike

It looks like someone was monkeying with the wiring to it. I don't have a schematic for this or know where to find one. Thanks for your help IH. Mike.
  8. mantua mike

Runs well in forward but has no reverse, any help here?
  9. mantua mike

JimT

Haven't heard much out of JimT lately. Odd. Hope he is ok.
  10. mantua mike

This may qualify for here...

It looks like a bunch of 1" carpenters showed up ready to work. Bet they had a heck of a time with those clamps. Maybe they rented a crane. Looking good Tony!
  11. mantua mike

Looking for Club in NE Ohio

I live right down the road in Kent.
  12. mantua mike

Looking for Club in NE Ohio

Are you from around here cj? My father -in- law has been there. He said it was pretty cool. I think they meet on Tuesdays.
  13. mantua mike

How did you get started in the hobby?

I got my first train from our neighbors when I was 5. I remember it being a frustrating mess. I had to set it up and take it down all the time. It was on carpet so I spent more time putting it back on the tracks than running it. Both of my brothers were in wheelchairs so it was in the way...
  14. mantua mike

Tru Color Airbrush paint...

If you don't need a gallon of acetone you can find I cheap in the cosmetics section. 100% acetone nail polish remover. They carry it at Dollar General stores here for less than $2.00 a pint. A gallon is probably still cheaper in the long run, but if you don't need that much this works great.
  15. mantua mike

Help Identifying a Train

I am no train expert by any stretch outside of my little element. One thing I have noticed while talking to people not in the hobby is apparently everyone who ever had a train set when they were young had a Lionel. I say that with some sarcasm. I think that is probably how they remember it...

Back