Recent content by LSRN

1. L

Comments please - LSRN Trackplan

Updated Trackplans Here are updated plans where I've put in some comments as to what may go where. Upper Level Lower Level After reviewing these, I'm thinking I may move the car float connection from the upper level (off to the right, not shown) and move that to the bottom to the...
  2. L

LSRN Trackplan spacemouse: Good point, forgot the part on who, what, when, etc. RR is a late 90's to today regional bridge route, hauling gen freight, iron ore and forestry products. Independent road, previously owned and/or influenced by the Great Northern and C&NW. Primary motive power...
  3. L

Here is a dogbone track plan I've devised based on comments from forum members. The plan is drawn using Atlas RTS 8.0. All I've done so far is the mainline and major yard/staging area. I still have spurs and what-not to add once I get the mainline nailed down. Here is the space I have...
  4. L

LSRN Outshops a few Cabooosess

Sperior thoughts... Houghton-Hancock, another nice area. Along with the Keeweenaw Peninsula. Most assuredly, and no sleight to Wisconsin or Minnesota, but the U.P. is God's Country. E44s on the LS&I will be a something to see. Quite the modern power for the road. Glad to see they are...
  5. L

Lake Superior..... I was stationed in outside of Marquette at K.I. Sawyer AFB, '88-'92. My wife both fell in the love with the area and so far, have made it back up to visit once. I'd like to end up back up there, the Lake has quite a draw. Nothing like being on the shore during a fall...
  6. L

MOW Vehicles Thanks for the compliment. I'm also a fan of Rocky and so far, I think the LSRN will be a subsidiary of the GN and C&NW in modern times. After all, they use their MOW vehicles.... I will probably end up modifying the road motto (which you may recognize)...
  7. L

LSRN Ferry Thank you, Phil. Here are a couple of the boats owned by the LSRN. They also own a few tugs and some car floats. I still need to decal them for the road and to come up with the fleet flag.
  8. L

LSRN Locos Here are some of the units I've done so far. I also have an Alco C-628 that I left in C&NW colors and decaled for the LSRN. I left it in C&NW colors since I use to see them on ore runs in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and got "bit" hard by them! They...
  9. L

The Lake Superior Railway & Navigation recently outshopped some freshly painted cabeese. Decals are Highball Graphics (custom) and Microscale (numbers and safety slogans). KD couplers and either Atlas caboose trucks or Athearn trucks with P2K metal wheelsets. Antenna, lights, horns, and...
  10. L

LSRN Paint Shops Have Been Busy.

Lsrn jbaakko and grande man: thanks for the nice words! jbaakko: I live in central illinois. my passion for the Lake Sup area is from my 4 years of being stationed outside of Marquette, MI at KI Sawyer AFB, when i was in the USAF. so, i'm trying to mesh the Upper Pen with the GN...
  11. L

LSRN Paint Shops Have Been Busy.

Apparently the Lake Superior Railway & Navigation folks had a busy weekend getting units out of the paint shop and ready for the electrical and lighting guys. The company photog was onscene to record the unit releases, but, judging by the focus of the shots, he may have had a little too much...
  12. L

Who wants to see Walthers produce an NW5?

Walthers NW-5 I would likely pick up a couple of these units. I have a brass one painted in GN colors that I've been deciding whether to go through the effort of repowering and repainting, or keep it as is. If I had some undec units to start with, life would be easier! "Freight...

Back