Recent content by logandsawman

1. logandsawman

One A Day

It is pretty neat seeing the european trains, I am not familiar with them at all but lots of details in the photos and the scenery is universally well done. THANKS ALL for posting the wonderful photos... Here is another shot of the feed mill area, showing a seed house that is a simple...
  2. logandsawman

One A Day

Some people at the feed mill. Guitar and fiddle serving up an improv jam session (circa 1935)
  3. logandsawman

"put layout name here" my restart in H0 Scale

Most people use foam, I do not. Totally a personal preference. My wood is the low point and if I want elevation I cut it out of a bendy wood material like 1/4" luann or plywood, mounted on graduated wood blocks to get the grades smooth. Foam is messy and there is no reason to carve it out if...
  4. logandsawman

One A Day

Unloading logs, early layout photo Dave LASM
  5. logandsawman

Pesky broken Screw Posts

I would just goup on some JB weld epoxy and drill a new hole. Your fix looks much nicer. Dave LASM
  6. logandsawman

Northern Pacific Rocky Valley Branch Switching Layout Build

nominal size vs. actual size. In kiln dried lumber, the boards are usually actually thinner and narrower than the nominal (named) size. In rough lumber, the actual size is often a bit larger (wider and thicker) than the nominal size. Dave LASM
  7. logandsawman

One A Day

A couple guys hanging out Dave LASM
  8. logandsawman

One A Day

impressive Tom, I wish I had room for something like that!
  9. logandsawman

Foyle's War

We enjoyed Foyle as well. Watched it on the tele also was able to check it out from our local library and see it on DVD!
  10. logandsawman

One A Day

Train heading out of Groningen: Dave LASM
  11. logandsawman

Comment by 'logandsawman' in media 'A COLORFUL TRAIN'

I love a big string of box cars!
  12. logandsawman

One A Day

Post a random or recent photo of your models or layout. Taking pics of my trains and looking at my make believe world is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. Enjoy, and post yours too! Dave LASM
  13. logandsawman

Dave's Layout v. 4.0

I have been putting together this little building lately, this tool house is going near the quarry buildings Came with some really nice castings. First I had to make the base, 2 x 4 lumber I used the templates to make cardboard forms for the studs and building above, I am glueing a...
  14. logandsawman

History of All Kinds

hard to believe that was 1838...seems like it was just yesterday Dave LASM
  15. logandsawman

Trains.com

I looked into their website when we were having problems. Like others, I did not recognize it from the familiar things of a few years ago when I did some contribution. I always had problems posting photos, had to come off another server so I had to set up that nonsense first. I got that...

Back