Recent content by littletoys4bigboys

1. L

Need a name for HO Rivarossi engine, please

Here's a pic underneath the shell, it reads... Rivarossi Hecko En Mexico Por MC Gregor S A It is also written on the bottom, underneath the wheels in very small fine print. Just assuming? that hecko en Mexico means made in Mexico? Who would Gregor be? This an oldie? Thanks
  2. L

Need a name for HO Rivarossi engine, please

Hey Guys! I was hoping that someone on the forum could put a name to this HO scale Rivarossi engine. Is this a switcher? Industrial switcher? Made in Mexico. It's 3 1/2" long. Vintage? or still in production? Thanks for any info!
  3. L

What Kind of Engine is this?

So with the size being small, would this be considered a switcher engine? In real life, what would it had been used for? And by the way, THANKS for the info!
  4. L

So exactly, what is a Athearn Hustler? Is it rare? If you turn it around, it has the 2 flat screws as seen in the previous pic. There is a roller on each end that keeps tension on the 2 bands. However it has the spring steel for connections, no wires. I also have some smaller HO cars. Could...
  5. L

What does this Caboose do?

Hey! Thanks for all of the replies! There are 2 clips on the bottom. One is broke off. Makes perfect sense now. The #1 screw (carb screw) open a hole in the bottom of the car. The farther you turn it, the more liquid would come out. Humm, interesting. Thanks a lot guys, I never heard of one...
  6. L

Just wondering if someone could tell me what I have? No markings on the shell or chassis. Runs by rubber bands. Looks like a minature Athearn motor without the counter weights on the shaft. Mounts in chassis like a Athearn, but only has 2 prongs, instead of 4. it's 3 1/2" long. Thanks
  7. L

What does this Caboose do?

Found this in a box of cars I purchased used. I was just wondering, What does the tank inside do? What is it for? How does it work? The red screw is labeled 1, the brass one is #2. #1 screw goes all the way to the bottom of car, like a needle screw in a Briggs carb on your mower. There are no...
  8. L

Newbie needs help w/I.D. of Con-Cor engine

RCH, You threw me another curve ball....Rivarossi? Not in the Wikipedia, but there darn sure on Ebay. The cars are clearly marked on the bottom with an oval shield saying CON-COR, made in USA, very light weight, only metal is the axels, so I thought I'd just post another pic for grins. I took...
  9. L

After browsing ebay in the Athearn HO section, I found a Santa Fe shell. So I thought, how does he know it's an Athearn? Looks like mine. I picked up my shell, just like RCH said, it's stamped as plain as day! F7A! Those numbers look as if a kid scribbled them in the plastic with a hot iron...
  10. L

If I could only learn to read.....exceeded file limit!
  11. L

Thanks for the reply RCH! But like I said, my knowledge of trains is limited. So I will try to post a pic. The paint scheme is all the same. Why wouldn't Con-Cor stamp a name on the engine somewhere? Sorry, but you lost me with Athearn drivetrain. Had to look that one up in Wikipedia. I didn't...
  12. L

Hello to everyone! So I was digging through the attic and found a HO Con-Cor Santa Fe passenger train set I bought a few years back from some garage sale. There are 6 cars total counting the engine. The cars are clearly marked Con-Cor, made in USA. But there are no markings on the engine or...

Back